Search

Cancun All Inclusive resort

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun All Inclusive resort

Does anyone have any recommendations for an all inclusive resort in Cancun? Or, any pros or cons concerning this type of vacation?<BR>Thanks for any replies.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 02:27 PM

AI are great if you are big drinkers and huge eaters. There are so many restaurants in Cancun that are not real expensive. I like getting out there and trying different meals. Drinks can add up however. The Palace resorts have decent food for an AI.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will check them out.<BR>
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:16 AM

I almost hesitate to recommend this place, because I've read a number of bad reviews on it, but I just returned from the Oasis Playa and LOVED it. The sit-down retaurants are so-so, but the buffets are huge and quite varied, so that was not a problem for us. I think the OP is very reasonably priced for an AI.<BR><BR>I should say that by the time we got to Cancun, we had already done QUITE a bit of touring in the area, so we were thrilled to just hang out on the beach, eat and drink at our leisure, and generally be pampered. If that's your goal, then I think an AI is a great chioce. On the other hand, if you want to experience life in another country, then an AI is not the place to do it; for that matter, if that's what you want, you should steer clear of the Cancun hotel zone altogether.<BR><BR>One huge bonus of staying at an AI with family: the kids can get food and drink whenever they want or need it, so it really adds to the relaxation of the parents. And I can't speak for all AIs, but the OP staff is SO great to kids.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:12 AM

In 1999, I stayed at the Gran Caribe Real. I was impressed with the rooms. They had marble floors and balconies that overlooked the ocean. The pool was nice and there was a swim-up bar. The food was edible in the buffet restaurant....but the a la carte restaurant was quite good! There's also lounge chairs on the beach to relax and paddle boats.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again. I will check out both those places, too. Always nice to have several different options to look at.