Cancun: All inclusive or European Plan?

Jul 1st, 2009, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

Cancun: All inclusive or European Plan?

Considering Cancun for Labor Day weekend. I am very familiar with the "all inclusive" in the Caribbean, some are very good, others very disappointing. We highly care about good sit down dinners, ambiance and quality of service, no golf will do other sports.

Could you please share your Cancun experience with us? I know Mexico for business but not for pleasure and wonder if we should consider an all inclusive or a regular hotel and have meals on our own. We are willing to go either way as long as it makes money sense.

Thanks!
Jul 1st, 2009, 05:35 AM

If you want quality and great service check out Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. Only 90 rooms, fantatic service, gourmet food.
It is not in Cancun, but is about a 25 min. ride south of the Cancun airport.
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:12 AM

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...un/Default.htm

Best of Breed check reviews on all www.tripadvisor.com

Generally AIs just cheaper volume lower quality...

if it is about saving money go with AI

www.bookit.com Cancun...
Jul 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM

We've been to some very good AI's in Riviera Maya. If you can go to one of the higher end, adult's only resorts the food seems to be better quality. The Secrets resorts have been very good as far as the food and the service. For us the value at the AI's in Mexico beats the caribbean AI's by a long shot.
Jul 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM

I have been to Cancun and the Rivera Maya. In Cancun I did not stay at an AI as there are numerous outstanding and varied restaurants close by and the public transportation is excellent. At the Rivera Maya I did stay at an AI as the area is more isolated and restaurants can be difficult to get to.In my opinion AI food is of average quality and boring but plentiful. Restaurant food is of much
better quality and , of course more varied.
Jul 11th, 2009, 08:13 AM

Because there are such good resturants in Cancun I would forgo the AI. WE have been going to Cancun for 10 years and stay at the Royal Carribean. It is a private resort but can be rented from the owners at Mexicondo.com. There are 4 Royal Resorts in Cancun. 3 are right next to each other and 1 is further up the strip. There is also one in Playa Del Carmen. There is an older Royal Resort almost to downtown Cancun. I have never stayed at that one.

The rates are very affordable. Great security. GREAT resturants. You can go between all of the resorts with the shuttle. Great location. I know this sounds like an infomercial but I do not even own a unit. I just rent one every year. We love the Royal Mayan, Royal Carribean, and the Royal Islander. We go down the the Royal Sands for the spa. I have never had a bad experience in 10 years. There are also great resturants at the resorts as well. You couldn't go wrong there.

You can rent from Mexicondo.com but review the properties at royalresorts.com. Have fun...I don't go again until April .
Jul 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM

Since Cancun has so many restaurants in all different price ranges, it would be a shame to go all inclusive there. We've been to Cancun three different times over the years and have been able to find new restaurants each time. Blue Bayou, Casa de las Margaritas, Captain's Cove and The Crab House were all favorites of ours. We took the bus a few times when we first went there and felt it was reliable. The last time we took taxies which were affordable and convenient. Click on my screen name and read my trip report from January of 2007. We really enjoyed our Cancun trip. I hope you have a great time.