Cancun Accomadations

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 07:52 AM
Jennifer

Cancun Accomadations

Hi Jennifer,

I am looking for a hotel along the beach in Cancun for about 100-150, per night. I want to walk out of the hotel and be on the beach. Any suggestions. Can you please tell me you opinion on the Krystal? I was booked there until I read an article in the L.A. Times that was critical of the place?
Have you heard of El Pueblito? I cannot reach them as the line has been busy for days now. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Juilane

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 09:32 AM
Shell

The Krystal is an older hotel, and from what I understand, past its prime. I've stayed across the street at the Fiesta American Coral Beach, which was a very nice hotel (one of top three in Cancun). El Pueblito is known as a cheaper hotel frequented a lot by Brits and other Europeans. It's all-inclusive plan has been called fair to middlin' and I understand that there are no elevators in the hotel (though it's only three stories). You may want to consider the Fiesta American Condesa, Marriot Casa Magna, Gran Caribe Real, Omni, Camino Real, Cesar Park, etc. Those are generally considered better hotels in Cancun, though they do fall in the upper range of your $100-$150. If you'd like more info, you may want to post on www.cancunmx.com, then go to Vacationing Here. All the regulars are very friendly and more than willing to help.

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 02:47 PM
jennifer

juliane
well i must agree with what shell had to say from the ones she recomended one of my faforites is the marriot.generaly not too crazy about marriots I dont like the one in puerto vallarta but the one in cancun is preatty nice and cheaper than the coral beach fiesta americana.have a great trip.

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 07:10 AM
Denise

Dear Jennifer: Actually, my English very bad. I am sorry. But Its nice to find people like you. With my husband and my boy (two years), we want to visit Cancun in febrary. We need a hotel on the beach (somebody tell me that in some places beach es not so good-no se como se dice en inglés, por el huracán, a algunos hoteles les habría quedado poca playa, muy angosta). We'd like it were near the shops. And not so expensive. Thanks for your help. Muchísimas gracias por ayudarnos. Denise

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 08:01 AM
leslie

I was in Cancun the first week of December and stayed at the Sheraton which is on the beach. They had an intenet special for $56.00/night. Check out their website for last minute hot deals.