Cancun

Old Nov 15th, 2020, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun

Planning a trip to Cancun for the Thanksgiving holiday. Any advice or what I should expect during these times? Are all the shops at La Isla open? Thank you for your help.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 04:41 AM

You will get much more information on the Trip Advisor Cancun forum.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForu...Peninsula.html
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 05:12 AM

Many shops and restaurants are open with restrictions and health protocols in place -- use of masks, measuring temperatures, distancing, use of hand sanitizer, etc.

Beaches are open. Bars & nightclubs are supposed to be closed, but you won't have any problem getting a drink.

In the municipality of Benito Juarez (where Cancun is located), wearing a mask in public spaces is now the law. Maybe not well enforced, but some people have been fined for not wearing a mask (usually a warning is given first).
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 07:24 AM

We are supposed to leave on Tuesday and my husband is starting to worry we may be at risk for Covid. Does anyone know a friend...or someone that got sick traveling to Mexico since Covid?
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 08:47 AM

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Do we only take the risk seriously if someone we know knows someone who got sick? The reality of numbers doesn't concern you? If everyone controlled their urges for just a while & stayed the f home we'd all be able to go to Mexico sooner, as I would desperately love to do.
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 04:58 AM

From what I learned, open air establishments are accepting customers with given health protocols.
TripAdvisor forums for Cancun should help you.
Old Dec 9th, 2020, 07:26 AM

When are we gonna be able to go to Cancun again?

Hi there,

I want to go to Cancun for years now.. In time of covid, I do not know what to expect from the future ? Is there anyone planning to go from Europe to Cancun soon or do you think it's too early to plan this kind of trip ?
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:53 PM

I am also planning to visit Cancun again but in 2021. It appears basic health protocols and masks laws are in place but it is not fully enforced, given the local culture I previously experienced over there. For places to eat, I can recommend you Tora Cancun, Hacienda Sisal, and Maki Taco.

Old Jan 27th, 2021, 10:20 AM

Just got back. It's very quiet. Tourism is down by 80% Weather is amazing! I hated seeing it so quiet. But, at same time we will never have the experience again of walking down a beach and not seeing many people on the beautiful beaches. We had to test to get back. Our resort took care of. Mexico is not messing around. You have to have a test and it takes two different people to check off on your check in. You have to have that test! We haven't even been home 24 hours and I am planning our next trip to Mexico.