Cancun-Flamingo vs. Hyatt Caribe/Fiesta Amer. Cancun

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 06:29 PM
Lynn

Cancun-Flamingo vs. Hyatt Caribe/Fiesta Amer. Cancun

I'm planning a trip to Cancun in mid September. I'm visiting friends who live in Cancun, but want to stay at a hotel this time. I'm considering these hotels: Flamingo Cancun, Hyatt Cancun Caribe, and Fiesta Americana Cancun.

Any info from someone who has stayed at any of these recently would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a nice beach and a clean hotel with a/c that works. Not looking for a wild party place, nor do I need family facilities - just something relaxing and pretty. I've narrowed it down to these 3 - I know the Flamingo gets 4.5 stars, whereas the other two get 5.5--6 stars, but how much of a difference is there?

Thanks for your response!

Old Aug 23rd, 1999, 11:52 PM
Mike

Definitely the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, which sits on a very calm and clear bay as opposed to rolling surf, if that's any concern to you. BEAUTIFUL hotel in every way!

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 01:09 PM
Sue C NYC

I have stayed at the the Fiesta Americana Cancun 4 times and will be going back in November. It is right near everything, beach is great. It is a low rise hotel, very personable. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Sue C NYC

I have stayed at the the Fiesta Americana Cancun 4 times and will be going back in November. It is right near everything, beach is great. It is a low rise hotel, very personable. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Sue C NYC

Sue C NYC

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 01:11 PM
Sue C NYC

I have stayed at the Fiesta Americana Cancun many times so If you have any qustions feel free to email me. It is a low rise hotel, very personable. The beach and water are both clean and great. It is right near everything. We love it.