Can you help me with ideas about a 2-3 month trip?

Jun 4th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Can you help me with ideas about a 2-3 month trip?

Hello

*I'm a Brit living near London and am planning to take a 2-3 month break from working in 2004 to travel to one or two other contintents. My partner will be doing same so we will be travelling together.
*We are in the very early stages of narrowing down where to go and deciding when to go -- the two being closely related.
*The options in terms of time would be either April, May, June or sometime around November,December, January.
*Budget isn't fixed or limited at this stage but we don't want to spend an absolute fortune either. Once we have more information and have narrowed down destinations we can look at what our cost options are.
*We can self drive, fly, take train etcetera but are not generally keen on group tours.
*Health issues mean that we need easy access to health care, cannot sleep rough and are unable to participate in strenuous activities such as hiking, rafting, diving etc. That said we are only in our thirties so we are not interested in joining up with Saga just yet!
*Our interests include history, culture, photography, wildlife, food and wine from around the world, festivals and scenery. We like to take our time when travelling. We are not interested in night life/ drinking, sports or beaches.
*We are not desperate to be the only travellers in a given destination ? we don?t have a mission to get off the beaten path, as it were -- we are happy to see places that are well loved (when it is for good reason) as well as more remote but interesting places you might suggest.
*We have both travelled extensively and our past trips include many places in Europe, Africa, North America, South America and Asia so we are not travel novices. But we have never taken longer trips as we have usually been restricted by limited annual leave allowances.
*Ideas at the moment include India, China, Australia/ NZ, South America and Africa. We are obviously not intending to cover all these areas but will need to find out more about travelling to and in each before narrowing the choice down to one or two only.
*We would like to finish the trip in South Africa, though this is not fixed.

If you have any advice about good/ bad times of year to travel to the listed destinations or about which of them you feel might best suit our needs and interests, we would be very happy to hear from you.

Thank you very much.

Jun 10th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Can anyone give any advice? Thank you.
Jun 10th, 2003, 04:36 AM

Well, it seems like you've been all over already! I'd personally vote for Australia/New Zealand/Asia, since you haven't traveled down under yet, but I haven't been there yet either so I can't really be more specific. To me, traveling to South America would be more "roughing it" or for more strenuous vacations, but maybe that's just me.

Australia and NZ are huge and you could easily spend a month in each!

Have fun, I am envious!

Karen
Jun 14th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kaudrey.
Jun 15th, 2003, 04:20 AM

What does Latin America have to do with this trip? You have asked this question on all of the boards. I would think being handicapped would narrow down your choices right away.