Can we talk? Joan Rivers in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently Joan Rivers didn't have just a good time when she tried to fly home from Costa Rica this weekend. A Continental gate agent at Liberia thought her passport looked suspicious because it gives both her stage name (Joan Rivers) and her real name (Joan Rosenberg). She was denied boarding. Someone drove her to SJO and she was able to fly out yesterday, but not after making a big deal about "Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks?" in, I'm sure, true Joan Rivers style.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...an_rivers.html
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Hilarious Jeff! Thanks for sharing and hey, glad to hear she kept her sense of humor!
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

The Tico Times has a recording of a phone interview it did with Joan Rivers on its website:

www.ticotimes.net
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 02:30 AM

I saw that on the news. Pretty funny! They were saying on the news that at least she has some new material for her act now!!
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 03:54 AM

I'd love to know where she went while there, what she did, etc. Any scoop on that, Jeff? I'm guessing Four Seasons, but hope I'm wrong!
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Shillmac, The Tico Times story just refers to Papagayo, so that could have been the Four Seasons, but not necessarily. In the interview, she says she went on a canopy tour (she called it "zipping") among other things. Good for her.

I agree, ShellD. That's her whole shtick, talking about the odd things that happen to her, so this is a goldmine of material.
Old Jan 8th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Well, heck, it's none of my business. I forget my frequent words, "to each his own"!
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 06:26 AM

YOu know the airport personel were totally within their rights...she had a boarding pass that said Joseph Rosenberg or something...I say one better see what name is on your boarding pass and my guess is that no Continental people made an issue of it because they were intimdated by her and knew her. It probably happened with all those names on your record...why not just use what ever exact name is on the passport and I'm sure it is not Joseph??? I'm also sure she got fairly ugly (who would not) but my guess is many people in Costa Rica don't have a clue who she is.