Reload this Page >

Cabo San Lucas or Rio and Bahia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Tracey

Help...have vacation in November 2002 and can't decide b/t Brazil or Cabo. I heard Rio is really dangerous...told not to wear engagement ring and that Cabo isn't too great. I just need some real facts and opinions as to which is better/safer. We like sitting on the beach and being active. Thanks!!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 04:04 PM
badkittym

Cabo isn't dangerous - I cannot imagine where you heard that! We go every year; since they are 100% dependent upon tourism, it would KILL the town if there was a high crime rate.<BR><BR>I've gone with a group of women and had no problems, with just my husband; ditto, and with traveling friends. You will get approached by vendors asking you to buy items, but I'd say the crime rate is a heck of a lot better than Burbank, or pretty much any American city you care to name.<BR><BR>Most resorts have in-room safes that YOU pick the combination for, so that eliminates worrying about carrying around your money.<BR>-M

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Jill

You mentioned Bahia in your title question, and Praia do Forte Eco-Resort about an hour up the coast from Salvador da Bahia just might be the place. It has pristine beaches but also offers a private schooner for visiting the islands in the Bay of All Saints, all water and land sports including scuba and horse back riding, they have an ecological sea turtle rescue program as well. The resort is close enough to the quiant fishing village of Praia do Forte, but also only an hours drive to Salvador da Bahia if you would like to take a historic city tour or see a show. Salvador is filled with amazing architecture, art, music and the best cuisine in Brazil. You can check Praia do Forte web site at:http://www.praiadoforte.com/<BR>

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 03:29 AM
jen

Tracey,<BR><BR>Hands down go to Rio. I travel there every year love the city. It's not dangerous people like to blow things out of perportion. I wore my rings and know one bothered me. There is so much more to experience in Rio then in Cabo. Go you will enjoy it.<BR><BR>Jen

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Tracey

Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to investigate a little further. In Cabo we were thinking about the Fiesta Americana then I saw the new Hilton-@$600 cheaper for two. Any thoughts?? As for Brazil, I'm having trouble finding an online travel site to book a trip and see the different areas. Any suggestions?? Thanks again, I appreciate all the info!