Search

Cabo San Lucas

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2000, 09:35 AM
diane

Cabo San Lucas

My husband and I were interested in going to Coba during the second week of September, does anyone know what the weather (any hurricanes)is like during this month? Also, any recommendations on where to stay would help. Thanks.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 01:23 PM
john

I believe it is the rainy season in September but I've never seen it rain for long. We like to stay at the Hotel Solmar. It's within walking distance to town but has a secluded feeling when you get tired of all the ruckus in Cabo. Can't swim on the Solmar beach, too dangerous, but it keeps the crowds away.

Old May 7th, 2000, 04:53 AM
garry

Yes you will be travelling at the peak of hurricane season. That's the bad news, the good news is that it's still a great place to visit no matter when you go. It is considerably more humid that time of year and you will probably see a few showers in the afternoon, but remember it is still a desert area, so showers don't last for long. <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old May 7th, 2000, 11:22 AM
neal

It is great anytime. I would recommend you check out some of the great hotels on the strip near San Jose Del Cabo. They tend to be a little pricy but at this time you can shop effectivly for a luxury space at a discount. None better anywhere. Great fishing from La Playa village near San Jose. I never met anyone who didn't like the area after visiting.

Old May 7th, 2000, 09:01 PM
Denise Norrie

As I have posted in earlier warnings, stay away from the Bahia Condo. It was a great place 4 or 5 years ago because of it's proximity to the "office" and the beach but what a rip off now. I found cabo to be over priced from what it used to be. (and i only mean from 4 years ago) - I guess it depends on if you have travelled lots but I think that $4/us for a beer is pretty pricy. No matter where you go, it has changed. Maybe try somewhere else. <BR>

Old May 12th, 2000, 08:29 PM
Denise

I disagree with the other posted messages. I think that Cabo "used" to be a great place to go but is now like so many places in Mexico - just a giant rip off. Do not stay at Bahia Condo, noisy, over-priced, bad management. Also, if pre-paying, be very, very careful. We even had better luck in South America and that is not saying much! I think it depends on how much you have travelled and what you expect. I have travelled quite extensively and expect only to get what I pay for. In Cabo now, you just pay, pay, pay. There may still be places in Cabo where you don't get "ripped off" but we did not find them. Try someplace not so extensively travelled. If you are set on Cabo, stay away from the Bahia Condo. Altho it's proximaty to the beach is great, the construction around it is noisy and the management is terrible. Trust me, you will be most disappointed.