Lima advice

Feb 21st, 2000, 02:51 PM
ana

Lima advice

I would like to visit Lima in March.
What is the best safest way to get to hotel.

Any hotel recommendations(cheap, safe, clean): Centro, Miraflores or Barrnaco?--need reservations?

Should I use consolidator for air?

Any advice? Muchas gracias. [email protected]

Feb 22nd, 2000, 06:54 AM
Sandy

A friend and I stayed here two nights Mar 11-12,1999 and then again a week later (Mar 20). $30/night for a room (#4) w/twin beds, a little patio, color tv/remote, fan, bath). Great hotel. Our flight arrived at 1:30 a.m. and Leo (the owner) picked us up at the airport. Leo speaks perfect English and is very helpful. Hotel is located in a quiet, safe part of town. Check out the website.

Hostal La Posada del Parque
Parque Hernan Velarde No. 60
ph (0011) 433-2412
fax (0011)432-3011
http://www3.rcp.net.pe/posadadelparque/
email: [email protected]

Feb 24th, 2000, 04:40 AM
WILLIAM HEARD

I VISIT PERU OFTEN I STAY IN MIRAFLORES AT THE PALACE HOTEL ITS A GREAT,SAFE PLACE TO STAY VERY CLEAN, GREAT STAFF ONLY ($55.00 PER NIGHT MAKE A DEAL), QUALITY ROOMS,AC,TV&CABLE W/ US CHANNELS,BAR IN MOST ROOMS 24 HR ROOM SERVICE & RESTAURANT I WILL BE THEIR IN MARCH AS WELL CHECK IT OUT FIRST.....

THE PALACE HOTEL
AV MIRAFLORES 1088
MIRAFLORES PERU
011-511-241-4050

Feb 24th, 2000, 04:52 AM
WILLIAM

ANA IF YOUR TRAVELING ALONE( ONLY )USE THE SERVICE IN FRONT OF THE AIRPORT THEIR IS A TAXI STAND USE THIS ONE THEY ALL HAVE ID'S OR THE PALACE WILL SEND ONE FOR YOU IF YOU CHOOSE THIS HOTEL WHEN YOU CALL THEM LET THEM KNOW YOU NEED A TAXI....ENJOY IT WILL BE WARM ..

Feb 24th, 2000, 07:14 AM
Al

We were in Lima not long ago, and I suppose you must have personal reasons for wanting to visit that city. We found it to be dirty, rundown, and dangerous after dark. About the only place we would recommend would be the Gold Museum. We stayed in the Miraflores district. We found Cuzco to be far more interesting, clean, and hospitable.

Feb 24th, 2000, 03:21 PM
Dave

Best way to get to the hotel from the airport is a licensed taxi. Many at the airport.

Best way to see Lima is by private taxi by the hour. It is expensive, though. Liked the Gold and Larco Museums. Should see the central Plaza. Be careful.

We stayed in Miraflores, walked around safely at night.

May 13th, 2000, 06:38 AM
nicola

A good place is Hostal Miramar Ischia: it offers comfortable double rooms with a breathtaking view other the ocean at approximately 50$ per night, including american breakfast.
It is located in Malecon cisneros, Miraflores, Lima's nicest suburb.
It can be booked by e-mail: [email protected]

Search this Thread