Cabo in early November???

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo in early November???

Morning!
We are trying to plan our honeymoon and many have suggested Cabo as a destination for our honeymoon.
However, we have also heard that at the end of Oct./early Nov. Cabo goes through a bit of a windy /chilly period. If you can confirm/deny this - please let us know! Also - if you have been to either La Palmilla or Las Ventanas.. your thoughts? Thanks, in advance!
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:40 AM

I was in Cabo for the second part of my honeymoon from October 18-25, '03. The weather was perfect! No rain but definitely on the hot side...90+ during the day. We stayed at Villa La Estancia and really loved it. Good luck!
Old May 9th, 2004, 08:07 AM
eb

We go to Cabo the end of May every year. I'd suggest taking a light jacket for the evenings - just in case it gets a little cool.
Old May 9th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

CKFIOR:
Did you hear that the weather could be "iffy" during that time of year?
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:57 AM

High season begins in Cabo around the end of October. I live in Cabo, and the end of October, first of November is one of my favorit times of the year. The water is still really warm, but the humidity that is so terrible in September is usually gone bythe middle of October. Both the Palmilla and Las Ventanas are wonderful resorts ( with big price tags). Also, neither is located in Cabo. Rather they are located on the corridor, closer to the town of San Jose del Cabo.
Old May 11th, 2004, 09:36 AM

I hadn't heard that the weather could be a problem. I actually agree with the other message...that time of year is perfect to go to cabo, it it still hot but not as humid as the summertime and not as crowded as the winter (so I hear). It was the perfect way to end 10 days of driving down the California coast, then flying to Vegas for the weekend and down to Cabo for a week.
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:19 AM

We spent Thanksgiving week (Sun -Sat)'01 at Las Ventanas al Parais en Los Cabos!
Very expensive, outstanding weather, food and fishing. A world class experience.
I understand that the changes in management and kitchen staff @ Las Ventanas have resulted in a significant downgrade, but check with other threads.
M
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:22 AM

We spent Thanksgiving week (Sun -Sat)'01 at Las Ventanas al Paraiso en Los Cabos!
Very expensive, outstanding weather, food and fishing. A world class experience.
I understand that the changes in management and kitchen staff @ Las Ventanas have resulted in a significant downgrade, but check with other threads.
M
Old May 12th, 2004, 04:18 PM

Had dinner at ventanas in January, and have to say it was the best meal of our trip. It is a lovely setting. The hotel sprawls and has many pool and places to lounge.

We found the service to be excellent.