Bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara?

Dec 3rd, 2019, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Bus from Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara?

Wondering the pro and cons of bus from Puerto Vallarta or flying to Guadalajara? Sometimes time wise bus could end up being just as fast as flying. Cost wise... flying isn't expensive from what I saw. But if they have luxury buses and they are safe and efficient maybe that might be the way to go... and see some of the countryside? But not sure, reason why I ask this question here. So look forward to anyone's thoughts?

Last question: I know this is a personal choice but like a census on peoples views: I've been to Mexico City and the Yucatan. Loved CDMX. Guadalajara I hear is a smaller version of CDMX. Is that true? Is Guadalajara a destination worth going? I'm thinking 4 days, walking and photographing the architecture and checking out some nice restaurants.

Lastly TLAQUEPAQUE I keep hearing about... and wondering if this is a tourist trap to buy crafts? Is this true? Or is there more to experiencing this area?

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice.
Dec 3rd, 2019, 12:41 PM

I'd just take a bus. Not so much because it might be cheaper but because you've got many more departures. ETN has double decker buses that are really roomy, and if you reserve in advance you can get the front row seating with the view.
I wouldn't say Guadalajara is anything at all like Mexico City. Except that it's a big sprawling megalopolis. It was my least favorite big city in Mexico, and I've been to pretty much all of them, and I'm in no hurry to go back. Where else are you headed, if anywhere, after Guadalajara? If nowhere else, then 3 days 4 nights is probably OK just to say you've been. If you're heading further afield, your time I think might be better spent elsewhere.
Tlaquepaque is plenty touristy but pleasant enough for a good part of the day.
Dec 4th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your info... looking at the ETN Bus website... shame there aren't non-stop. And seems to be 6+ hours on the bus... so wondering if this is best....