brasil hotels needed

Old Jul 9th, 1999, 10:07 PM
frank

brasil hotels needed

hi
can you recommend me a hotel in the following three places: (please give a partial answer if you know of just one)
1)ipanema - and how to get to it from the airport
2)iguacu falls (i get there at ten oclock at night)
3)salvador
(also what is a good side trip from there for a few days
thanks a lot - i leave in less than ten days

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:23 PM
Jill

Hello Frank: Best hotel in Ipanema is the Praia Ipanema Hotel. It is not the most expensive ocean front hotel, but it is the one where you get the most for your money. All rooms are waterview with small balconies. Rooms are airy and large, and the buffet breakfast is excellent.
Best hotel in Iguacu is the Hotel das Cataratas. It is the only hotel overlooking the falls in the national park.
Great hotel in Salvador is the brand new Transamerica Hotel - good introductory rates for a 5 star hotel.
Please email if you would like more info. Best regards - jill

Old Jul 15th, 1999, 02:34 PM
frank

Jill:Thank you for your response, but i am looking for cheap hotels that are a good deal or expensive hotels that are cheap. I am not the kind of traveler that would be comfortable in 5 star hotels where you find people for the most part taking totally insulated vacations. if you have any suggestions of reasonable hotels in these three areas - i would appreciate it.
thanks - Frank

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 04:51 PM
Kemmet

Hi...I'm in somewhat the same situation as you..just from checking around the web and with various travel guides I'm leaning towards Arpoador Inn or Ipanema Inn in Ipanema. Fodors recommends both and they are very reasonable and in nice locations. Only going to Rio so thats all that I can contribute. Arpoador Inn is supposed to be driectly on the sea front next to a park...check with Ipanema.com for more info.

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 01:13 PM
Daniel

I have stayed at both hotels and would recommend both. Arpoador Inn is next to the ocean but there is no longer a beach due to el nino/la nina. I would suggest the Copacabana Atlantis. It's a relatively small hotel, well located on a tree lined street between Ipanema and Copacabana. It's the best kept secret in Ipanema: small, private, good amenities, and very reasonable.