Search

Bosque Del Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque Del Cabo

Has anyone stayed in the Toucan Deluxe Cabina at Bosque Del Cabo? It recently was converted from a standard room to a deluxe. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:54 PM

I was in there in July, looking around after the guests had checked out. It's a nice cabin. No worries. Compares with the other deluxe cabinas.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 03:05 AM

I've stayed there before - it's a nice cabin - feel free to ask any questions. I was worried about getting a nice cabin too, but really all the ones along that ridge are nice.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:45 AM

Just curious, does anyone have photos of the interiors of Bosque Del Cabo? I didn't see any on their website, that always scares me!
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:55 AM

Go to Tripadvisor.com and enter Bosque del Cabo. Look at the candid photos people have posted and you will get an idea of what the interiors look like.
You can do this for most any hotel.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 05:00 AM

nina - we stayed in Lapa, which is a deluxe cabina. I'm sure I have a picture somewhere. I'll check my link to my trip to see if there's a good shot of the whole room and if so, I'll post the link to the trip again. But as anyone who has stayed there will tell you, they are very nice. Lapa was not huge, but it was big enough for the two of us. It had a king sized bed with mosquito netting. Two chairs and a small table off to the side of the bed. There is a small room off to the side of the bed area that I would maybe call a dressing area? It is where the closet is and the outdoor shower is off of that room. The bathroom is nothing special, but it's a decent size. The floors are all hardwood. We had no complaints what so ever about the rooms. They're not the over the top luxury of Peace Lodge, but they are very nice and the location can't be beat!
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 09:17 AM

You don't have to be nervous about the interiors; they are simple, but they are very nice. Ours had a king-sized bed down below and a loft upstairs with two smaller beds. Also a little sitting area. I agree with popping over to tripadvisor.com. I always check that site and look at the candid traveler photos before I book a place. You really can't go wrong with BdC. The only thing that's a bit of a shock if you don't know it, is that you can't use a blow dryer there or things like that - have to keep electricity usage low, but there are small lamps, and we could recharge our camera batteries, etc. I did look like a total nature girl by the end of the week!
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM

nina, we asked BdC to e-mail us some pictures of the cabins, and they did - might want to try it. They don't have pictures of all of them, but they e-mailed us pictures that looked very similar to ours, and it gave us a good idea of what to expect.
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 10:47 AM

I have tons of pics inside & out of Lapa, Congo & Mariposa. They are all nice though, nothing to be scared about. You can also go here: http://www.solimartravel.com/hotels/bosque_del_cabo.htm and select virtual tours, as you spin around with the 360 views, look at th ebottom and click when another option comes up (pool, gardens, deluze etc) and it'll lead you to another area at BdC. The standard they show I'm not sure which one it is but the deluxe is Gecko and the 'honeymoon cabina' is Mariposa.