Beyond Cancun and Puerto Vallarta

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:36 AM
Traveler

Beyond Cancun and Puerto Vallarta

Why do Americans and Canadians always pick the same destinations. I find that other foreign nationals will go to places that are off the beaten track and many times far more picturesque. It's as if you don't think there is anything else besides those places. Just curious.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Steven

Because Americans and Canadians don't feel good unless they are in their comfort zone, eating the same things they do at home and seeing the same type of people. There being very little difference between Puerto Vallarta and California and same people too. Note one writer who said he had been to Puerto Vallarta so many times and loved it. Also they don't have to watch what they say or change any customs either. Makes them feel good.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:19 AM
earl

What a load of b.s. I have traveled extensively in Mexico for most of my life. I have been in More Mexican states than in the US. I have spent five or six weeks a year in Mexico for the past 10 years. During that time I have been in 19 of 30 Mexican states. We have driven everywhere and never had any kind of problem. I encounter Americans everywhere I go. I spent three weeks over new years Y2K in the Yucatan. There were very few tourists of any nationality. They stayed home in droves. I visit PV on a regular basis because I love it there. By the way I am not one of the sweaty backpack crowd. There are just as many euros in cancun as anyone else. Open up your eyes when you are in some out of the way place. That guy sitting next to you just might be an American.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Susan

I think these are both trolls. Many of us have been elsewhere in Mexico and indeed the world.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Sugar

Hey Steven. Get a life and travel to Mexico. Oh never mind, they don't want you there!!!!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:06 PM
TravelerAgain

You see look at Latin American thread,all I see are people wanting to go to same touristic destinations. It just proves my point.