Belize or Cuba

Jun 26th, 2000, 03:20 PM
Blemke

Belize or Cuba

Hi,
We are trying to decide if we want to go to Belize or Cuba for our next vacation.....Can anyone tell me which one they prefer...
thanks

Jun 26th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Ralph Collinson

Have you decided? I am thinking of going to Belize in November. I'd like to hear about your trip if that's where you go. Thanks for any info.

Jun 28th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Maya Travel Services

Both are fascinating places, but also very different. Belize has the second longest barrier reef in the world and offers worldclass diving/snorkeling, fihsing, kayaking, etc. The country has mayans ruins, caving, horseback riding, canoeing, jungle, and a great destination for anyone interested in nature. Belize people are generally very bright, friendly and have a great sense of humour. Additionally, the language is english so if you don't speak spanish, you'll still be able to talk with everyone you meet.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Jun 29th, 2000, 12:18 PM
debbie

Hmm, two quite different places. We've not been to Belize but were just in Cuba in February.
Email me directly if you like along with specifics about what you like to do, ie. diving, snorkeling, staying in ai or not, etc.
Thanks

Jun 29th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Dalia

I was in Cuba Feb of this year. Stayed in the Gibara area with some relatives. Didnt see any other part of the island except Holguin for some limited shopping and went to the beach in Guardalavaca where they have some nice hotels (nice beach). Other than that Not much to do. Country very beautiful and has a lot of potential. People very nice. If you go be careful, while I was swimming in the beach in Gibara I hit my hand on a sea urchin and had to have surgery on my finger to remove foreign material when I came back to the states. Hope I helped you out some.

Search this Thread