Search

4 days,where to go?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 days,where to go?

My DH and I will be vacationing in CR next March. After arriving late at night we will have 4 more days before we join up in Tamarindo with friends. This will be our 3rd trip to CR. So far we have visited Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and Tortuguero. On this trip we will be staying in Tamarindo and Osa Peninsula. Soooo, what to do about those 4 days at the beginning of our trip?
I was thinking of Puerto Jimenez or Montezuma??? Any ideas?
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:55 AM

www.ylangylangresort.com

www.playamontezuma.net

www.zumatours.net

your best bet...

Have fun,
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM

Since you're heading to Tamarindo after, I wouldn't do Puerto Jimenez, as that's pretty far out of your way and it sounds like you're heading to that area later in your trip.

Maybe head to one of the hotels near Rincon de la Vieja? Since your next stop will be beach, it'd give you a little variety, plus it's not too far from Tamarindo.

Another option is the Rio Celeste area, a little farther but still only a couple hours from Liberia, which you could fly into.

Or you could head up into the Sarapiqui area, Selva Verde is a nice option there, along the river. Plenty to do around there and about 2 - 2.5 hours from SJ.
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Actually I meant that we were thinking about Puerto Viejo de T not Puerto Jimenez.
I checked out Selva Verde which seems awesome as did the Montezuma sites. I guess the main problem for us is transportation. If we don't have a car the shuttle to Selva Verde for 2 is very expensive. Also, once in Montezuma, how would we get to Tamarindo?
Should we just break down and rent a car? We haven't done so on past trips and we're a little leery about the liability.
We thought about Rincon de la Vieja as an option, but from what I've read it sounds as though it is overrun by day trippers.
Help!
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM

Maybe Golfito and Drakes bay, is a beautiful area of Costa Rica.