Search

Belize Itinerary Help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2012, 12:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belize Itinerary Help

Hubby and I have landed on Belize for our 10th. Would love help planning the details. From what I've researched thus far we'd like to surf and turf. Would love to hit Tikal, some caves then the beach at ambergris caye.

Could you suggest route, lodgings an enrote trips for turf portion. Thinking 3 days adventure, 4 days beach. Have pretty much decided on Victoria house for AC portion

T
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 02:23 AM

If it's in your budget, Chaa Creek for the 'turf' part:
www.chaacreek.com

Tikal is worth an overnight and archaeologist/naturalist Roxy Ortiz is an amazing guide:
www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

Here are 2 awesome caving trips to consdier:
http://pacztours.net/actun-tunichil-muknal/
http://www.actunchapatadventure.blogspot.com/

Congratulations on your 10th and happy trails!
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 03:52 AM

Once you arrive in Belize, I'd head straight to the San Ignacio area for the 'turf' part of your stay. I don't spend much time there, but, agree with Chaa Creek if it's in your budget.

I'd probably arrange a shuttle to pick you up at BZE and take you to your resort. I don't know specifics, have never done it, but, there's lot of info out there.

I understand you can now fly to Cayo, but, it isn't a long trip, and I'm guessing a driver would be cheaper. However, I would consider flying from Cayo to Ambergris when you're ready to head to the beach.

I love the look of Victoria House. It's where I've always said I'd stay if I was going to splurge.

Enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 04:12 AM

VH is a great choice for the beach as is Chaa Creek, in Cayo and along with duPlooys, a good location for a jungle lodge not far from the border for Tikal, cave, river trips and more
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM

We did Chaa Creek and Victoria House. When we landed, the agent told us, "You're staying at the two best places in Belize!" So I guess it's a pretty popular combo. We did Chaa Creek first - they can get you a driver if you need one. They picked us at the airport and then took us back at the end of our stay. We flew Tropic Air to Ambergris - very quick, about a 15 minute flight. We used Pacz to go to Tikal, and they were great. I got a good deal on Chaa Creek using Luxury Link. I like to do land first and beach second so we can relax at the end of the trip.
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM

Just a heads up on Victoria House - we loved it there and would definitely stay there again, but they flaked out on picking us up at the airport. If that happens to you, you can take a taxi and VH will reimburse the driver. I got the impression it happens a lot. VH has beautiful rooms and grounds; the beach there has beautiful white, soft sand, good restaurants too.
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Great feedback everyone. What about heading straight to Tikal, stay one night to get the sunset/sunrise combo? Then transport (driver, bus fly?) back to San Ignacio (ATM, caves). Then flight to ambergris and beach for remaining time?
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:50 PM

That sounds great!