BdC hikes

Jan 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Original Poster

BdC hikes

Hi All! Does anyone know what BdC charges for guided hikes? Can't seem to find it anywhere. And are they worth the cost? Or is it just as good to go on your own? Thanks in advance!!!
Jan 7th, 2010, 09:19 PM

Prices are listed on their sites. I think prices are in the range of $15-$25 p.p. depending on the group size. I think that they're worth it as the guides are a wealth of information, and can spot creatures that others would walk right by.Our night hike with Philip last year was fascinating!
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:28 AM

It depends on which ones you do. We did an early morning birding tour with Carlos and paid $15 each. The one with Phillip was longer, about 4 hours, and we paid $30 each I think. If you look at the Activities section on their site, the prices are listed. We definitely thought they were worth it. You will see loads of things hiking on your own including scarlet macaws, howlers, capuchins, and spider monkeys, but you will see a lot more with a guide and learn a lot more like Cat mentioned.
Jan 8th, 2010, 04:51 AM

As expensive as BdC is, their activity prices give guests a big price break compared to what you'd pay for the same in other areas. That's helpful, and the guides are excellent. We've done all the guided things (first trip), and now we just enjoy it on our own. It's a location where you will see SO MUCH on your own, so that's nice too! Best of both. . . .
Jan 8th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I think we will try to do a guided hike or two. I apologize for the pricing question. I somehow overlooked the drop down menu with pricing on their hiking page. We leave next week and are very excited!!! Thanks for all your help!!!!
Jan 8th, 2010, 07:56 AM

I think it's great to do the guided stuff early - helps you know what to look for. We went a few days without seeing a toucan, but once Carlos found once for us, we knew the call to listen for. Phillip's tour is all about the interactivity of all the flora and fauna - almost scientific in nature. We didn't do the night hike there, but did one somewhere else and loved it; people give it a thumbs up.
Jan 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM

I agree with vgirl -- If you plan on doing the primary forest walk do it right away. We did a hike like this on our first trip, near the beginning, and we learned so much about what we were seeing the rest of the trip.

Search this Thread