at Royal Hideaway NOW!!

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:49 PM
elishaga

at Royal Hideaway NOW!!

I am here right now and checking out tomorrow at noon. It far exceeded any of my expectations. Full report to come but if anyone has any ON SITE questions,I'll check in tomorrow.

One suggestion. There are only 3 building that do not border the other resorts to each side. We are in building 27...email Theresa Alfonso...the general manager and ask her for one of those 3 buildings. No noise and very peaceful.

All for now...E

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:32 PM
Joe

Await your report...my siblings and I are contemplating Royal Hideaway for our 75 yr old parents as a 50th anniversary gift....any comments as to it being appropriate for them...

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:30 PM
Lois

I am planning a trip to Royal Hideaway in late Jan or early Feb. I heard it is one on the most beautiful resorts. The photos in the brochure look great. Can't wait to hear your critique.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Jason

elishaga --- still waiting for the "Full report".

My fiancee and I are going in early July and can't wait. We have heard great things about this resort and would like to know any specifics to do or avoid while there.

Thanks.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Donna

Am trying to plan a trip and I'd like to have a copy of your report on the royal hideaway.Thanks, Donna

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Stan

Does the RH have jacuzzi's seperate from the bathtub? But still in the rooms, or on the patios like the Aventura Spa Palace?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 08:23 AM
eileen

In the regular rooms, the jacuzzi is a regular-size bathtub with jets (not really a two-person set-up). There are a few luxury suites that might have better jacuzzis. There are also a few hot tubs located around the grounds.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:20 PM
jan

which is a better location for snorkelling, water sports, visiting the ruins, site seeing,fishing and meeting the local people- Cozumel or Playa del Carmen? (We are active mid 50's and live in Florida at the beach)

DO YOU RECOMMEND ALL INCLUSIVE OR NOT?

PLANNING TO GO OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2002

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Monica

Jan my vote would be Playa del Carmen and non al. You can still go to Cozumel for the day and snorkel. Going non al will allow you to eat at the many great restaurants in Playa. Fishing is great-could I recommend a good guide. Captain Edy pena and his e-mail is mayte_rivieramaya_fishing @hotmail.com You can rent a car and go to the ruins in Tulum or just to explore the beautiful country between Playa and Tulum. You are going when tourism is down and the weather is normally nice, although it is still in the hurricane season-hey you know all about that. Good luck!

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:43 PM
snarla

I would go with PDC. I loved it and can't wait to go back. We stayed at the iberostar, which is an all-inclusive. I never thought I would like an ai but it was really nice for breakfast/lunch/snacks. We ate out at dinner most nights, but the convenience of having food/cocktails right when you need them turned out to be key.
The iberostar has an on-site dive shop that does snorkeling tours as well. We picked it because of the dive shop.

Have fun!