Arenal Observatory Hotel- Having Trouble Getting Response via Email

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I made a reservation for 2 nights at Arenal Observatory Hotel. When they sent back confirmation it was for 1 night at the hotel only. I wrote back asking reservations to make the correction from 1 night to 2 nights. Today is the 3rd day since I made the reservation and no response from AOL.... (I have written 2 emails requesting confirmation)...

We leave in a week for CR and need to have our reservations complete.

Has anyone else had trouble with Arenal Observatory Lodge reservation dept. ??
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:19 PM

I've never gotten anyone in Costa Rica to email me back. Might need to call. Maybe two nights weren't available?
Old May 20th, 2007, 08:43 PM

I've had very good email communications with AOL. I usually get a prompt response back from the hotels I email in CR.
Hope you get it worked out with them.
The place is very nice. I usually book hotels months in advance in CR though.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM

I'd give them a call. My experience similar to earthtraveler's. For many years, have had very good luck with quick responses from hotels. Since the time is so short, though, you should call. Dial 011 (country code), 506 (area code), followed by their number.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:42 PM

It is terrible for me to said...but a lot Costa Rica hotels are the worst answering mails. Some times I send some kind of request ...and then I have to call just to be sure that they received my mail!! But not only Costa Rica hotels I can name a lot of American operations in Costa Rica that are as bad or even worse...I beleive is a national disease...but that is MY country !!!
Call the Observatory...that will be the only way...and get ready for a smart answer or 1000 excuses...

And if if you can not get in touch with them...let me know and I will call them..

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Hi All,
I Finally... got my hotel confirmation with AOL today (5/21). I called the hotel on Friday and asked them to email me my confirmation. I had previously sent several email requests without response. The lady said she would do it right away.... well right away was 3 days later...ha! They took care of it and that is all that counts... I just did not want to drive there and not have reservations.

Anyway... no worries. I have our 1st night at the Garden Court Hotel near SJO (great rate offered)... car rental with Tri-Color (they were wonderful with replying to my emails and getting our reservation set up). Shimilac... we are using our Platinum Master Card's insurance to waive the extra insurance deductible... Thanks for your help!... Everything has fallen into place. We always plan our vacations at the last minute because we fly standby and cannot make plans until we are almost sure we can get on the flights...

Luis thanks for your offer to call AOL for me... that was really kind. We are looking forward to visiting your country.

Shimilac enjoy NYC... Don't forget to get some cupcakes at Crumbs.... yum!

I will write a trip report when we return from CR...
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM

Thanks! Will do. . .you have a great time, too!