Reload this Page >

Arenal Lodge or Montana de Fuego??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Stacy

Have seen great things posted about both of these hotels, can't decide. Do either pick you up in San Jose? Is it better to make reservations online or call??

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Louis

Montana de Fuego... way better location; closer to volcano. Also, I heard from friends that the food at Arenal Lodge sucked. Not sure if this is the concensus... Also heard good things about the Volcano Lodge and Arenal Paraiso.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Sue

Hotel Paraiso is excellent also and they have wonderful views of the volcano. They also have transportation to and from SJ.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:49 PM
stacy

does paraiso have shuttle to tabacon snd good food?

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Iza

We stayed at Arenal Paraiso in August of 2001. Not sure about the shuttle as we had a car. As to food, we thought their breakfast was very good - they make eggs or omletts to order using, I think, local free range eggs - yum!. We were not impressed with dinner there (relatively expensive and nothing special).

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Stacy

Are there places to eat nearby, as we will not have a car?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Iza

I don't believe there is anything within walking distance but you can get a taxi easily. I believe they are not expensive.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:57 AM
David

I have sent emails about a reservation to both places and have not heard back. Is it very busy now or do they take a week to respond?

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Larry

I have stayed at both places and would book Montana del Fuego again. The Arenal Lodge was more remote and the view farther away. The food was o.k. On a clear day the view from Montana del Fuego is great. You can lay in bed at night and watched the lava flow roll down the hill and you can hear the rocks rolling down. The resturant is fine and a good breakfast.