Anyone have experience with Aeromar?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to book OAX-MEX flight and Aeromar has the superior departure time for us but I don't know anything about this airline's performance. We have a tight schedule and delays/cancellations would be very impactful. Hence, Volaris is out. I'm between Aeromexico and Aeromar. Aeromar has the perfect departure for us, Aeromexico not so much, but still workable. Any opinions on Aeromar?
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 11:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
The study cited in this article is about a year and a half old, but it says the 4 most unpunctual (I think that's a word) are Magnicharter, Aeromar, Interjet & Aeromexico. Surprisingly, Volaris was among the most punctual, according to the article. Volaris complaints with PROFECO usually have to do with luggage fees. Interjet also has departures from MEX to OAX. Speaking of Interjet, I've flown them about a dozen times and only once were they on time, including a couple weeks ago. Most delays were only a half hour or so. Let us know who you go with and how it went.
Las aerolíneas más impuntuales en el AICM | Aviación 21
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baldone
The study cited in this article is about a year and a half old, but it says the 4 most unpunctual (I think that's a word) are Magnicharter, Aeromar, Interjet & Aeromexico. Surprisingly, Volaris was among the most punctual, according to the article. Volaris complaints with PROFECO usually have to do with luggage fees. Interjet also has departures from MEX to OAX. Speaking of Interjet, I've flown them about a dozen times and only once were they on time, including a couple weeks ago. Most delays were only a half hour or so. Let us know who you go with and how it went.
Las aerolíneas más impuntuales en el AICM | Aviación 21
Thanks Baldone. This follows my google flights intel, when I choose Aeromexico it gives a note indicating that this flight often has delays of 30 minutes or more. Volaris does not have this note. Neither does Aeromar. But Aeromar is so oddly missing from any travel forums/chatter that I'm hesitant. On another forum I was told that Mexicans never fly Aeromar because the planes are old and the flights are expensive. I don't really care how old a plane is on a one hour flight. Cost wise they are in the middle between Volaris and Aeromexico. But they have the perfect departure time. I don't know why I let myself get hung up on such small stuff sometimes. If it was just myself, or myself plus a younger companion I would just book the best departure time. I hesitate a lot more on this stuff - the ease/comfort of travel when I'm with my mom. Rightfully so. That said, I just need to make a decision and move on.

You did kinda nudge me to go Volaris over Aeromexico though. They have the same exact departure times but a 100% price difference. I think I'm down to two now. Thank you.
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 04:13 AM

Headed for PV this morning from Cancun with Interjet, will find out what their service is like. Last year we flew Aeromexico and was impressed to say the least...