Anyone going to Rio soon?

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Remy

Anyone going to Rio soon?

My girlfriend and I are going to Rio for the last week in July and the first week in August. Is anyone else going at that time?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Carioca

HI! I'm from Rio and there will be lots of fun things for you to do. Do you know that there is a Energy Crisis going on there, and therefore residents are restricted on the amount of eletricity used. So at night the streets are dark. Be Careful!!!

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Lisa

My husband and I are going to Rio and Buenos Aires the last week of July and first week of August. We'll be in Rio around 7/29-8/3. We've never been to Rio before, so I cannot offer any advice or suggestions, but like you, we're doing a ton of research and we look forward to seeing this beautiful city. Do you have any interesting tips or suggestions you've come across?

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 04:16 PM
ALEXDELON

hI GUYS

I WILL BE IN RIO AT THE END OF JULY, (COPACABANA PALACE )

WOULD LOVE TO SHARE SOME IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS

THANKS
LOOKING FORWARD TO REPLY
ALEX

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:38 AM
Stephen

Can anyone update me on the energy crisis? I haven't received any tips yet for places that I can go from Rio, can someone provide me with a good destination a few hours away and what would be the best method of transportation. Thanks again, any information would be [email protected]

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Carla

For those who speak a little Spanish, try this link:
http://www.terra.com.br/cidades/rio/
It is in Portuguese but might help.
In English:
www.embratur.gov.br
http://the_english_dept.tripod.com/brazil.html

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Andrew

Hi, I'm going to be in Rio for the weekend of 7/27 through 7/29. After that, I'm going to be in Buenos Aires for a week and a half. I'm a 25 year old guy from Houston meeting a friend who's living in BA right now. If anybody has any ideas or wants to get together for a drink, let me know.