Notices

Anyone been to Cozumel???????

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Kimberly

Anyone been to Cozumel???????

I have booked a trip to Cozumel in January and am looking for any feedback of this island - tips, websites, photos, reviews, etc. I am staying at the all-inclusive El Cozumeleno if anyone has info or has stayed here as well. Your input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Nancy

Great snorkeling and fun diving at Chankanaab - a park you can spend the day at on the beach and with two good seafood restaurants. They rent equipment. It's easy to see the whole park in about an hour of snorkeling. Leaves you plenty of time to sit on the beach in one of their chairs under a shade palapa with a bucket of cold Dos Equiis Lager Especial with fresh limes!
The Fury Catamarans run a fun beach party/snorkel tour that goes to the two best reefs and then has a party/buffet on the beach. Open bar with music and wonderful snorkeling too!
The best snorkel and dive reef is Palancar, but Paradise is great too.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Debbie

check tonnes of trip reports at http://www.mts.net/~eissner/

Also, a quick search on Cozumel on this message board will garner you much information.

Have only been to this island 3 times to stay and twice on visits from the mainland.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Sue

I found the following website very helpful when we went to Cozumel lots of trip/hotel/restraurant reports:
www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel.html I really recommend you rent a car for a day to go around the island. There are lots of terrific beaches to stop at as well as many great places to eat and drink.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Dionisia

Downtown Cozumel is an easy walk and pleasant. You can ask people for help in restaurants, hotels, etc.
The museum on the waterfront is especially nice, with a restaurant overlooking the water (open only certain hours).
There is an eccentric American-owned miniature golf facility about two blocks directly away from the waterfront.
Submarine tours of the ocean are interesting.
Chankanaab is the best.
Many gigantic cruise ships visit Cozumel. On those days, the prices go up in the shops downtown. Ask the residents how to get to the city mercado.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 07:52 AM
jj

Our family(10 & 12 yr. old) stayed at El Coz 2 yrs. ago . The food was just awful- no seafood except battered fish, powdered juices, very little fresh, lukewarm coffee, bad desserts-chocolate nonexistant, kids ate the frenchfries with fake nacho cheese on ea. day. Alcohol was flowing, however. Swimming pools, while very pretty, were too cold to swim-even my 10 yr. old wouldn't enter! Jacuzzi was filthy and filled with kids-I forbid my kids from entering for fear catching something. We stayed in the older section. The rooms here were much larger and MUCH older-patio door kept falling off; dark, depressing room, cracked walls, but very spacious and ground floor. The beach had this big unsightly sandbag in water to prevent erosion. Snorkelling outfront you could see all the garbage thrown in. Very little snorkelling equipment available-guy even said owner too cheap to buy more! Could never get into the sit down restaurant-"no table available, sorry" even though we saw alot of empty tables. Got ripped off by person at front desk. They tried to charge us for unreturned towels(tried to slip it in our checkout bill). needless to say, I would NEVER return to this place. I honestly cannot believe how anyone could like this place unless we had an extremely different week!!It only makes sense to stay here if you get a very very good low price, drink alot, and plan to eat elsewhere, otherwise there are much better choices!!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:58 AM
Rooter

Cozumel is wonderful! Have fun!