"Amazing Peru" tour operators

Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Amazing Peru" tour operators

I'm looking to book with Amazing Peru for a trip to Peru however I am very concerned with some postings regarding their customer service and problems travelers have encountered during their trip. More concerned with the answers from the Amazing Peru representative. I am looking into different tour operators however I have not found any other tour provider that can match their itinerary for a 14 day trip to include lima, cuzco, MP, colca canyon, lake titicaca, nazca lines. Has anyone had a good experience with Amazing Peru and/or are there any other luxury tours I can do that include the above itinerary....Any recomendations?
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM

ndelapaz, I also posted about the "Amazing" travel group, but have not had any responses yet. I'd be interested in where you read the comments you mention, and what kind of answers you got fm the Amazing Peru rep that has you concerned. Also, can you provide the details of the itinerary they are suggesting? I just touched base with them at the travel expo this past weekend, and I am waiting to hear what have to propose. Be happy to provide my email address if you would rather communicate that way, however, I would image your information would prove useful to others as well.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

check out tripadvisor, some very negative comments there and the response from the amazing peru rep to those comments is nothing in terms of customer service. I would like to book with them but concern that the tour guide won't show up or that the driver is 2 hours late or that the hotels paid for and confirmed are switched at the last minute. Those were some of the comments in tripadvisor.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 07:24 AM

Found the comments when I went into TripAdvisor.com over the weekend. The comments have me concerned as well, and I will likely end up using someone else. In the itinerary they sent us, they gave us a price, without stating which hotels -- how they can quote a price without specifics is beyond me -- probably averaging ... but I don't like working that way.
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Alx

Hi there,
We arrived a few days ago from our trip to Peru and we used Amazing Peru. We cannot praise them enough. They did an excellent job and we chose them because of several recommendations we received along with Charlotte’s superb work (their travel consultant). She is a credit to the travel industry.
Incidentally, we met with other travelers in Peru who were also using Amazing Peru and they too were delighted with their services.

I must admit I mistrust some of those comments I also read on trip advisor as I found their customer service to be exemplary.

Old Apr 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM

I booked my trip to Ecuador and Galapagos with Amazing Peru and so far have been impressed. I have a contact there who will respond to all my questions and requests (and there have been a lot!!!) within 24 hours. I suppose I won't know for sure until I actually get there but even tho I have paid 100%, they continue to be extremely helpful and informative.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM

We recently returned from a vacation in Peru on which we arranged services through Amazing Peru:

http://www.amazingperu.com/

Amazing Peru had many difficulties complying with the provision of their agreed upon services, which we paid for in full, including the provision of domestic airfares and train tickets.

In short, the inconvenience of traveling with Amazing Peru should at the very least cause you to very carefully consider whether this is the right option for you. In our case, we will not be recommending Amazing Peru to friends or family and will not use them again.

During our travels we encountered 3 other small groups who had similar experiences, which included not receiving agreed upon services and related inconveniences, such as having to purchase such out of pocket in addition to the already paid for amount and major schedule changes/inconveniences, even though in our case they clearly communicated the following what was and was not included in advance of our trip.
Old Nov 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM

I can't comment on Amazing Peru as I have no experience of there services however when we spent a couple of months in Peru last year and found the following, non-profit/non travel agent sites to be excellent and unbiased resources for our time there:

http://www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/index.html

http://www.saexplorers.org/club/home

SA Explorers you really need to join to get the best out of it but at around $40 you may feel that access to the online trip reports from travellers etc could we save a lot of problems (and money in the long run).

Personally, I do not rely on Trip Advisor and take may of the comments (good or bad) there with a very large pinch of salt. They continually get a bad press here in the UK.
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 06:03 AM

www.kuodatours.com

gets best rav reviews for upscale experience

on all the travel boards.

Amazing Peru reviews decidedly mixed

lots of extra charges incliding big airfare charges

poor service in some reviews

do a www.tripadvisor.com Peru search "Amazing Peru"

Caveat Emptor...
Old Nov 21st, 2009, 06:29 AM

We traveled to Peru in October (2009) and had great success with Kuoda Tours (www.kuodatours.com). Jole was the person who helped with our itinerary. We had very specific places we wanted to go, and dates we wanted to be there. We went the untraditional route from Lima/Nazca Lines to Lake Titicaca (big elevation jump) and then through the Sacred Valley/MP etc. Even though other tour companies advertized custom tours, but we found that in reality they weren't willing/able to accommodate us.

Kuoda was a bit more expensive than others, but they gave us what we wanted and our private tour guides in each city/location were stellar. I would think long and hard before I selected a company based on price alone. Will the dollars saved be that important if you spend precious vacation time dealing with logistical problems or have second-rate guides?
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 06:46 AM

www.ancientsummit.com/welcome.shtml

also gets excellent reviews

for personally disigned upscale tours

Nina is great there mgiht also check there...
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Just returned from a two-week trip booked in full with "Amazing" Peru and have nothing positive to say about the organization.

Invested $16,000 for four people to see Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Lake Titcaca. On day four of our 14-day trip, services just plain stopped. Hotel reservations fell through. Transportation tickets never arrived (planes, trains, private vehicles). Guides stopped showing up. Emails and phone calls to the office were never returned. Even phony out-of-office email responses were generated.

We were left high and dry and forced to pay for everything we wanted to do, after we paid Amazing Peru to book and deliver everything for us.

We're now going through our credit card company to try and receive a refund.

DO NOT USE AMAZING PERU.
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM

Don't book with Amazing Peru. They are a total fraud.After paying them $4,580.00 we were left stranded in Peru with no hotel reservations, guides,train tickets, plane tickets. They cheated us out of it all. They are also using the name Bargin Peru and Amazing Destinations.
ACayette
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM

I also had problems with Amazing Peru. Paid $5300 for a Peru vacation this month but never received any confirmation about bookings. Nothing was provided and my numerous telephone and e-mail inquires have not been responded to. In fact their office and 24 hour customer services numbers have been disconnected. I was informed by more than one hotel and another tour operator that they are in financial difficulty and have defaulted on their payments. I am pursuing recouping my loss via my credit card company.
Old Feb 9th, 2010, 02:29 AM

We are now back at home and we cannot recommend Amazing Peru enough; we had the most rewarding experience. All travel arrangements were very well organized, and they were very accommodating in our last minute changes. In fact we received complimentary upgrades in certain places. We purchased one of their luxury tours through their website and it exceeded our expectations. Our family were more than satisfied with their services. Unfortunately, we were also stuck in Aguas Calientes during the heavy floods in Machu Picchu but Amazing Peru arranged our timely return to Cusco and provided a complimentary tour and accommodation in the city.

I am so thankfull to this company as they did an excellent job under the most difficult circumstances. I cannot recommend them enough.

Eve