Allegro Airlines

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Peggy

Allegro Airlines

We will be flying out of DFW on a charter flight called Allegro Airlines. I've heard some good and bad things about the airline, but I would like to hear from some of their previous customers on their experience(s) with Allegro.
Thanks for your help!
Peggy

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Jackie

Peggy,

We flew w/ Allegro (through the old Santo Tours) from Buffalo, NY to Cancun in April 2001.

GOOD:
Both flights left a little early since they had everyone boarded early. The flight crew was very friendly. The food was so-so.

BAD:
We weren't sure if the planes were going to even make it off of the ground! They seemed to be quite old and not in good shape--lots of rattling noises--two of the loudest flights I've ever been on. Based on the condition of the planes, we would never fly w/ Allegro again. Of course this was just our experience, so there might be some newer Allegro planes out there.

Jackie

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Lenleigh

LOL, seems everyone has had very similar experiences with this airline. Peggy, If you havent checked out the Airline Board on here yet, you should. There is a thread just on Allegro and I just added my two cents from my flight to Cancun's Airport (just back on June 3,2002). The flight wasn't too bad but yes, the aircrafts were in bad shape and we had mechanical issues on the way home. I will never fly them again but it wasnt because of poor service, just would prefer to go with a better airline in the future.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Kaaren

When are you flying? I am also flying out of DFW to Cancun the weekend of July 4, being that I have never heard of Allegro, I am a little concerned as well, if you get back before July 4, let me know how it goes! Hope you have a great time!