Santiago 3 days in late June

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 01:42 PM
anne

Santiago 3 days in late June

Please help! I have an opportunity to be in Santiago for 3 days (Sun-Tues) in late June and cannot decide whether to go or not. I realize that it will be cheap, but what is there to do for a person in their late 20s?
I do not ski. Thanks!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Gliadrachan

Hi Anne,

I posted a more detailed reply for you against the other question. (the spelling is a bit eratic - it was late at night!)

Go, you will enjoy yourself - Santiago is a beautiful city with lots to see and do.

The coast is lovely, and generally the water is too cold for much swimming even in Summer - so going in winter will not be a problem.

Old May 15th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Mark Hornor

June 21st is the first day of winter in Santiago. It will be very cold, gets dark very early and is polluted. Plan on going to the theatre and reastaurants and art museums.

Santiago is a wonderful city, you are choosing a bad time of year. Best place to stay is the hotel Santiago Park Plaza. It is wonderful and you can walk to may neat places from the hotel as well as access a very modern and safe subway system. The hotel is absolutely worth the money, but make sure you ask for a discount at the hotel.

I think Santiago is best in mid-to-late February and mid-November to mid- December.

Mark

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Patrick

hi,

I live here in Santiago and I can tell you that Santiago even is a very polluted, is a fantastic city, June is almos our winter time, temp. average is 10°c, maximum minimum is 0°. If you don´t ski, you can go to Viña del Mar, is a nice beach. about 150 km west of Santiago with wanderfull seafood, of course you cannot swimg in the sea, nut you will enjoy. You can go by bus or car in one day.

If you will stay in Santiago, there are lot things to do, museums, local theater, you need to undestand spanish.
Hotel Director is other nice place, small but very confortable, close to El Bosque Avenue, one of the most importan areas in restorants. I can tell you more, but I think with the above you can decide to visit Santiago, and what is very important, Santiago is a very very save place, you can walk even during night without any problem, of course take the normal precautions.

Old May 24th, 2002, 03:37 PM
anne

Thanks for your messages.
I will be going to Santiago; hopefully the smog won't kill me!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Debbie

Hotel Orly is a great bargain, in a great location (Providencia). It is charming, and spotlessly clean. There's a wonderful restaurant below with outside tables, and an Internet cafe. I have stayed there 4 different times, and it is the best. $80-90 per night, but in Chile foreign visitors don't have to pay tax, so that's all it costs, including all-you-can-eat breakfast. Be sure to go to the Pre-Columbian Art Museum! Take the 1-day tour to Valparaiso/Vina del Mar. Just go!!!