All Inclusive in Cancun ?

Old May 6th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Carrie

All Inclusive in Cancun ?

My husband and I would like to go to Cancun for some R&R. We loved the all inclusive Sandals Negril package that we had for our honeymoon. We would like a similar AI experience. Any suggestions on which one to go to, or comments on us choosing this way to go in Cancun?

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Joe

I have not been to Sandals, but I do know they are very expensive, I have been going to the Moon Palace in Cancun for the past 4 yrs with a bunch of guys and we love it there, only because we are early 30's and we don't really care about the club scene anymore so we prefer to stay 20 minutes from the action, not too far not too close. The Moon Palace is a large secluded resort, with many restaurants, a disco, an amazing pool, and nice rooms. The only thing is the beach is not too great, we do swim in it but they have a seaweed problem, because the water is very clam no waves at all, the seaweed grows wild. Believe me when I tell you that this place is so amazing it doesn't even phase us about the beach. Besides if you really want a beach you can visit another Palace Resort property for free, when you stay at 1 Palace Resort you can use all 8 for free. The Moon Palace has a daily free shuttle that will take you to those resorts.

All 8 of us are going on June 2-9 and we paid $1985.00 for 2 of us per room, that is only $992.50 per person. We all are getting our own airfare, since we all travel for our job we have air miles. But this is a great price for all that you get.
Our package includes all of our meals, drinks, snacks, taxes, tips, we get 2 tours each, plus spa services, which include a manicure, pedicure, and massage, we all just get the massage and give our other certificates to the woman at the resort.

We book through this website
www.palaceresortsmexico.com

They have the best prices out there, good luck with your choice.

Joe

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Carrie

Joe,
Thank you for the advise. We are also in our early 30's and the Moon Palace sounds like the place to be for some R&R. Wish I were going when you were so I could get those girly coupons from you. Any comments on going early August vs late September? Bugs?
Carrie

Old May 8th, 2002, 01:26 PM
John

Carrie, my wife and I also enjoyed Sandals Negril but for less than half the price we are off to Aventura Palace in a few days. We wanted to find an AI that most importantly had no kids, and from what we understand Aventura is a very nice resort. Moon Palace is 4 times the size (@2000 rooms vs 500) and from what we hear, has a lot more families and kids streaming about. Just not for us.

Old May 8th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Joe

Carrie,

No you won't find any bugs at the Moon Palace but it will be HOT! By the way I checked into pricing for late Aug early Sept and it is only $1804.00 per couple, without airfare, even better price than what we got. Anyway have a GREAT trip and check out that website I gave you in my other post, they have the best rates.