Reload this Page >

Airport to Marriott Buenos Aires

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:11 PM
cash

For those who have stayed at the Marriott, what is the best transportation from the airport to hotel? Cab? Approximate price?<BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Merriem

I would e-mail the hotel directly and ask them to arrange to have a driver pick you up. Must better than a taxi, and safer, too. Have a great trip.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 03:48 AM
cash

Merriem, Thanks. I did that and they emailed me a price of USD65. That is probably what we will do. We aren't going until March.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Merriem

I think they are ripping you off. I got an e-mail back from the Intercontinental concerning our transportation,yesterday, and it will be 70 PESOS which is about $20 for both of us. I would question that rate for sure!

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 09:37 AM
steve

we went to Buenos Aires last March and stayed at the Marriott. We used the first car service you see after exiting into the main lobby of the airport. I think it is called Manuel Tienda. A car service is called a "Remi". The price was USD$20. As I recalled we paid for the car at the counter and they called the car up on the radio. It has been suggested not to hail a cab at the airport. If you need additonal info abt BA or the Marriott-e-mail me. Steve

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 03:52 AM
cash

Merriem,<BR>Emailed InterContinental, Marriott, and Sheraton Libertador regarding car transfer. Interesting - IC $20; Marriott $65, Sheraton $56. I will follow up the Marriott as time gets nearer to our trip or do as Steve did and get a car transfer at the airport on arrival. Thanks.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Mora

It should cost 30 - 35 pesos. .... which currently equals $10 USD. <BR>I paid 33 pesos to the Park Tower, which is 1 block from the Marriott.<BR><BR><BR>Go to the taxi stand outside of the airport doors. The man will write up a ticket for you. <BR>Ignore the people trying to get your attention as you walk through the airport.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:45 AM
info

All of us locals use Manuel Tienda Leon. Very safe and inexpensive. 56 u$s is a rip off. Do not even consider paying attention to those appraching you as you walk through the airport, let alone hail a cab at the airport. <BR>

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:05 AM
paul

Agree with the previous post...do not even think about a cab from EZE to downtown....take a Remis or the bus from Manuel Tienda....about $15USD for a remis, $3-4 for the bus.....The Manuel Tienda counter is just after you exit customs/immigration....pay at the counter and they will have a car meet you out front or direct you to the bus....

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Lisa

WHY should we not consider a taxi????????

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 09:10 AM
info

Simple: it's not nearly as safe as the other options.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:01 PM
paul

Lisa: RE Taxis from the airport. There are many thieves who work in disguise as taxi drivers at the airport. <BR><BR>In town if you take radio taxis you should be alright.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Merriem

If you stay in a decent hotel, just ask the front desk to get you a taxi, or we usually walked while we were in the city. You will love it, and the Cashmere sweater store is great right across from the Marriott! Don't miss it!

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Judy

I am staying at the Marriott in November and I faxed the hotel for a private transfer. I received a very nice reply that the price would be 20.00usd. I dont know where the 65.00 came from.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Graziella

The Manuel Tienda leon is a good option. You pay at the airport and they will point the driver to you and in turn he will take you to the car.<BR>Taxis in Buenos Aires City are not reliable because there are many taxis that are not legal taxis, they are kind of pirates, locals use radio taxis,you can call a radio taxi and in a few minutes a radio taxi will pick you up no matter where you are. When you call they will give you the number of the taxi that will pick you up. The number is on the door in a big sign.<BR>A good taxi company to call is &quot;PIDALO &quot;---4956 1200 --4932 2222

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 09:21 AM
cash

Judy,<BR>The $65 quote came directly from the Marriott via email.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 10:55 AM
hj

Yes, I had an e-mail from them too.....for the same amount of money. You know some hotels love to make a little extra off of their guests. However, if you check around you find out who is really in your pocket.