Search

Airport in Tijuana

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport in Tijuana

This is an interesting situation. I take ground transport from SanDiego to Tijuana airport in September.I am a U.S.citizen and will be flying from the Tijuana airport to the Los Mochis and then into Copper Canyon regions via train. Can I get the tourist visa,or FMT FORM, at the Otey Mesa crossing in BajaCalifornia or can I get the tourist visa at the Tijuana airport/?fyi the flight to LosMochis was 240usd rnd trip. Am THINKING about Greyhound from SanDiego to Tijuana airport or more expensive single shuttle.Please lesve suggestion or comment.thanks
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 07:39 AM

take the Trolly from San Diego - it is very reliable and will take you directly to TJ. From there walk across the border and catch a cab to the airport.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

I need information for the GREYHOUND from SanDiego. Do not want trolley info.thanks.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

I forgot that I neeed transport from the SanDiego Airport to Tijuana airport.My orginal post did not indicate hits,sorry.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 01:49 PM

If you are at the san diego airport I would take a cab to downtown san diego (about a 5 minute trip) to the Greyhound bus station on Broadway. I know you aren't interested in the trolly but it is only one block north of the Bus station and is more reliable - it runs every 15 minutes directly to the boarder. Just a thought. If the bus is delayed from LA you may be stuck in the bus depot for a lot longer than you plan on - so plan for extra time so as not to miss your plane in TJ
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

yes, I received info from frommers website message board after posting a similar message that the Greyhound bus from downtown SanDiego to Tijuana airport is reliable and safe-practical.Also can get the oturist form and pay at the Tijuana airport.
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 10:56 AM

I agree with pp that the trolley is better to take!
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM

www.volaris.com.mx has a shuttle from the Amtrak station on Kettner Blvd to TIJ for $15. pp.
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Since posting I have found a company caled Tijuana Airport Transfers based around San Diego. They want 95usd oneway. The greyhound originates from SanDiego to tijuana airport. Volaris is only for persons buying tickts with Volaris airlines.A poster on trip advisor noted FMT forms are obtained and paid at the Tijuana airport. Also noted that greyohund is very reliable.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

I found yet another company with transport to/from Tijuana airport to cities in California called Tranporte Terrestre.phone 1-619-446-6615.
Old Dec 15th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Just want to say I chuckled to myself at how easy it was while crossing the ramps at Tijuana,very easy. It took 15 minutes up 2 ramps then down and thru 2 turnstyles then the huge sign taxis. I did take the trolley Blueline from SanDiego to SanYsidro stop. Returning I used Transportes Tijuana from Tijuana Airport to SnDiego Amtrak with no waiting at the OteyMesa crossing.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Jossin,

I would like to know if you would recommend the Transporte Terrestre company? I will flying out of the Tijuana Airport a few days after Christmas. My plan was to just have someone drop us off at the border, walk across, and catch a taxi to the airport. However, my mother is coming with us, and doesn't like this idea. I think she will be more comfortable with a shuttle service that will pick us up from our home. For her comfort, I am will to pay for the shuttle, but want it to be reliable.

Also, does any one know if we have to by the FMT form if we are not staying in Mexico? We will be flying from Tijuana to Mexico City, and Mexico City to Managua, Nicaragua.

Thanks!
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi,I do not know about the FMT ,but take the Transportes Terrestre Tijuana taxi service. Type in this on internet search ,they have website. At the Tijuana airport check with immigration for info on FMT or call airline. The transport company was excellent.FYI from the border you can take Mexicoach red bus across too instead of walking. They have website too. The price from TIJUANA airport to downtown San Diego was 70usd for one. The company picks up at many cities in California and has special permits to cross,and transfer you and your family safely and comfortably.