Affordable hotels in Puerto Vallarta?

Nov 19th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Erin

Affordable hotels in Puerto Vallarta?

I'm heading to Puerto Vallarta in early Dec. and would love to get some personal recommendations for medium priced hotels in the area ($50 for 2 people range). We will need some place to stay the night we arrive and then hoping to find somewhere on or near the beach that is quiet. It doesn't need to be right in town. What other areas are nice?
Thanks

Nov 20th, 2002, 12:08 PM
try Bucerias?

Bucerias sounds like what you are looking for. It's a much smaller town about 1/2 hour north of PV. You should be able to catch a bus or taxi directly there from the airport (since the airport is north of town too, and save yourself coming into town for just 1 night).

There really aren't any hotels that are *quiet* & near the beach & in that price range within town. And those to the north and south of town aren't in the $50 range (resorts).

I love the "southside" of PV which is right off Playa Los Muertos (the main local beach) but it's a busy, often noisy kind of neighborhood. Lots of fun (but quiet it ain't! - traffic, roosters, music, etc.).

Nov 20th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Jim

Hi Erin.

Have you heard of Nuevo Vallarta. It's beautiful, quiet and easily accesable to P.V.. I know of a nice B&B so contact me by e mail.
Jim

Nov 20th, 2002, 05:34 PM
no, no!

Jim is ADVERTISING his OWN B&B again! When will you ever stop?!?! Plus, I think it sucks that you advertise Nuevo as "easily accessable" to PV, come on! 1/2 hour expensive cab ride unless, of course, you provide a free shuttle to town? I doubt it. Go away.

Nov 21st, 2002, 05:38 AM
JRinPV

Casa Andrea in the Olas Altas area, a block and a half to the beach and not noisy at all: http://www.casa-andrea.com/
Also Jr Suites de Alba, 1/2 block to the beach, see http://vallartasuites.com/

Nov 21st, 2002, 11:10 AM
Clarisa

Casa Andrea's is an absolute dream but more like $70US/night (each room has it's own open air patio kitchen). Free coffee on the patio in the morning, great pool and bar, good owners. So if you can spring for the price for 1 night, and can get a reservation... you'll be in heaven! Trust me.