Advice on upcoming Brazil Trip

Oct 17th, 2002, 02:05 PM
hollisthedog

Advice on upcoming Brazil Trip

Hi - my friends and I are planning a trip to Brazil in February and I wanted to get advice from the experts!

1) we are flying from New York City to Rio (hoepfully) does anyone know a good brazilian flight consolidator?

2)We are planning on staying in Rio for one night and I would love hotel suggestions - we are on a budget (sigh)

3) We are traveling to Parati, I have identified at least one Van service that drives between Rio And Parati, but I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on renting a car or taking the bus

4) We are staying on Ilha do Pico an island off the coast of Parati - has anyone heard of this place?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Oct 17th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Don

Try this airline consolidator: http://www.brazilianvacation.com/index.html. Try this hotel www.debret.com, prices quoted in local currency about 4 real to 1 US. The hotel is right on the beach front in Copacabana in a great location. Eat at Mariu's in Leme a rodizio chuascaria or Porcao's Rio in Flamengo a rodizo chuascaria, they're fun. Have a good time Boa Viagem.

Oct 17th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Anon

i haven't been to Brazil but I have been following the political situation. There will be a national election on Oct.27th. It appears that for the first time in her history Brazil will have a working class man from the left for her President. Drug dealers have been kicking up a bit of a storm over this. I am sure Bush will not be happy. To follow this check these links
http://www.thenewsmexico.com/
http://www.narconews.com

Oct 24th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Sandy

We were there last August and had a van from Parati Tours bring us from Rio to Parati. Once in Parati, we didn't need a car - I didn't mind not having one. The town is relatively small and the most appealing activities seemed water-based (have a local boater take you island hopping!). I had a wonderful time. If I were to go again, I would also hire a van / not get my own car.

Nov 10th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Tim

Hi.

I took Costa Verde bus lines from Rio to Parati (and then from there to Angara Dos Reis--Ilha Grande, then on to Sao Paulo) and it was great. Very cheap, clean, and fun. I didn't even have to book in advance, but you might want to. The busses are surprisingly nice in Brazil, at least along the littoral.