Adventure/Relaxation Honeymoon.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are looking at Costa Rica for our honeymoon. We have contacted a travel service called Costa Rica Vacations. They seem very organized and customer orientated, but has anyone used them before?

Also, they have us scheduled for the following activities/accomondations: Aguila de Osa Inn in Osa Peninsula,Corcovado National Park,Caño Island (snorkeling), Sueño del Mar Hotel in Tamarindo, Arenal Volcano, canopy tour and horseback riding around Tamarindo, and ATV rides to the beaches south of Tamarindo. We wanted both adventure with a little bit of relaxation. Are these activities and accomodations that will provide a good taste of Costa Rica and are not "big box" hotels/beaches but also not reminiscent of a Survivor episode?

Any and all advice is appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:47 PM

User Reviews & Ratings
The best nature of CR
Posted by Mike Turner from Michigan, US on 10/26/2005
Raw,rugged,wild, potentially lethal(watch out for crocs, fer de lance, peccaries, bull sharks). This is the real thing. Go in from the south or east on a three day 25 mile hike if youve got the guts! Slightly safer and less strenuous access via Drake Bay. A "zoo without bars"
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:51 PM

Hello,

Next week, for 4 nights, my wife and I are traveling to Corcovado Park (via San Jose), Cano Island (a day trip) and staying at the Casa Cordova Lodge. Since you have visited the area I was wondering if you might have a few must do’s and don’ts?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bob & Sandra`
(If do, please respond to [email protected])

p.s. Is there a village within walking distance of the Lodge for supplies, cerveza, etc.?
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:49 PM

Karen_A,
I don't know a thing about Costa Rica Vacations, but they have a nice itinerary planned for you. I think it will give you the mix you are looking for! You will, indeed, get an excellent "taste" of Costa Rica! How many days will you be there? Just be sure they aren't rushing you too much. For that itinerary, you need at least 10 nights in the country, especially if 2 of them will be spent near the airport depending on arrival and departure times.

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! Enjoy!
Old Jun 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM

We are leaving to Tamarind tonight for our honeymoon as well. Will stay on Calaluna.
We wanted at first book a tour with tha site you are mentioning but it's very=very busy...It's a honeymoon not a boot camp..so we decide to book our trip with agent who happened to be there few times and used her connection to set all thing for us. What for the tours she said that we will be able to book it right there according our time and willingness to do what and when. We flying to Liberia not to SJ..don't want to drive...any tips for this area? I what about the taxi service since our villa not in the city..Any replies please send to [email protected] so it's easy for me to access.
Thanks so much to everyone, congrats and be safe.
Marina