Search

Acapulco vs. Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2000, 07:09 PM
Tara

Acapulco vs. Cancun?

We're looking in to going to an all-inclusive in either Acapulco or Cancun. First of all, which city do you prefer? And secondly, any experience with the Qualton Club (in Acapulco?), Costa Rio Cancun and the Bluebay Getaway? <BR> <BR>Any advice you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 04:51 AM
Pancho

Which city I prefer has nothing to do with which one is preferable for you. I don't like either one. However, if I had to make a choice than it would definitely be Acapulco. <BR> <BR>Why are you considering all-inclusive? You will be misssing one of the treats of Mexico by not sampling the local restaurants. An all-inclusive is generally far more expensive unles you drink a lot.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Jane

We stayed at the Iberostar on Cozumel. It was wonderful. ALso I heard the Iberostars at Playa del carman are excellent. They are excellent and great entertainment.

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 12:35 PM
Matt

Hi! My wife and i have been to both cities. They were both nice, but Cancun had better beaches and we got more for our money there. The ocean on the Acapulco side isn't as clear. It is somewhat brown to be honest. I would suggest Cancun and if you are going all-inclusive, I would suggest the Palace Resorts. I don't drink a whole lot, and still believe we got our money's worth. If you stay 5 or more nights you get two tours included per person! The tours were $60-$70 per person per tour! We saved about $240 right there! The food at the Palace resorts is good. I am not saying that you won't want to experience other resturants, but with the amount you would be saving going all-inclusive with the food, alcohol, tours, entertainment, etc.. you can afford to go out to dinner one or two nights. We did. WE are going back in November. Can't wait! Also, don't use a local travel agent. Check out the pricing online. I checked out a local agents pricing and was quoted $1000 more than I am paying with the online agent I am using. I also got much more attention. When I would e-mail her, she would get back to me within minutes! <BR>WE used: <BR>www.cancunparadise.webprovider.com

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 06:04 PM
dmotl

We too would recommend Cancun over Acapulco if you are beach people. We would not recommend <BR>an all inclusive because of the great range of restaurant food and prices in Cancun. All inclusive works out if you drink like a fish from sun up to dawn. <BR>One other thought -- the Cancun beachs on the Carribean side are ok for tanning but often too rough for swimming. If you want to have nice shallow warm beaches go to the older hotels such a Presidente and Quality Inn on the Isla Mujers bay side. dan and ginny <BR>