Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Acapulco 1st time, 10 girls staying at the Maralisa, any pointers?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 01:34 PM
Christine

We are going the last week in feb, 2001, I have not been to Acapulco. The motel Maralisa (Howard Johnson) what is it close to? is it nice? How many pieces of luggage are you allowed to travel with on the Airlines? What clothes to take, we are not going fancy. Beach at day, party at night. <BR>Thanks

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 10:20 PM
Condom Connie

Take your own Condoms, local product is notoriously unreliable why one of my friends... well I suppose this is a 'family board'. <BR>Anyway smaller sizes are best I mean they are Mexican men and you wouldn't want to embarras anyone, even in the dark(!)

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:33 PM
frank

Christine, While I am not familiar with the hotel you mentioned, I will tell you that you will have a good time in Acapulco. For your group, you will enjoy the discos. They are a lot of fun. They start after 10 PM and you can go until dawn if you want. Cabs are inexpensive and very convenient. Restaurants are plentiful and the beaches are great, although poolside activities are also fun. If you get a chance, try to take a taxi to the Acapulco Princess for their wonderful buffet dinner, plus you'll enjoy the wonderful scenery there, wuite different than in-town. <BR>--Again the discos, and there are several good ones, are plenty of fun. And if you want to take side trips, there should be American Express tour offices, or try those in "bigger" hotels where you can sign up. A side trip to the silver town of Taxco is cool. <BR>Good luck.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:37 PM
frank

Christine, As far as dress, dress very casual,but not necessarily sloppy. People who go to discos tend to dress casual elegant. You'd be surprised how "fancy" disco dressers get. As far as luggage, just call your specific airline for its requirements. Usually they allow 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons. And finally, beach at day, party at night is what Acapulco is all about.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:43 PM
Angie

Christine, My girlfriends and I went to Acapulco in March and a great time!! The discos can be dressy so I would pack some thing a little on the trampy side! There is a Walmart in Acapulco (you may pass it on the way to the hotel)and you can get any essentials you may need while you are there (including liquor) at a reasonable price. The Mexican people are really friendly, the ones to be wary of is the American boys. Hope you have a great time!