Search

Cozumel or Puerta Vallarta?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 07:06 AM
laura

Cozumel or Puerta Vallarta?

My husband and I are looking into going to either Cozumel or Puerta Vallarta for vacation in Feb or March 2001. Can anyone give me their opinion as to which is better? Any thoughts on the Fiesta Americana?

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Linda

Laura, <BR> <BR>I've never been to Cozumel (I have been to Cancun several times). However, I've been to PV five times and stayed four of those times at the Fiesta Americana! It's a marvelous property - tropical, clean, very well located. In fact, I'm going back next week and can hardly wait. If you have any specific questions regarding the property, I'd be happy to answer them. Good luck! <BR> <BR>Linda

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Susan

It's been 14 years since I was last in Puerto Vallarta, but I've gone to Cozumel several times since then. They are very different destinations. If you like to snorkel, Cozumel is the best choice - you can snorkel off the beach, etc. Cozumel's town is also quite pleasant. I don't think there's as much timeshare hustling in Cozumel as well. However, it doesn't have long beaches on the developed side of the island. There are lots of side trips you can make from Cozumel once you leave the island (ruins, etc.) and that's interesting. Personally I like Cozumel a lot. <BR> <BR>They also have a wonderful carnival - it's very local (although more people from cruise ships are participating). There are several parades and it's a lot of fun. I don't know the date for 2001, but it will probably be in March this year. We've been a few times and always enjoy it.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 07:37 AM
mexicodan

Tough to compare an island and a city of 300,000. I like PV better though! More things to do. Lots of restaurants, bars, excursions, and outer villages to visit! Banderas Bay is the 4th largest bay in the world so lots of villages to the north and further north to visit if adventuresome! <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>[email protected]

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:21 PM
frank

Laura, <BR>PV combines autheticism with great resort atomosphere. I feel Cozumel is more "touristy." If you decide on PV, there is no better hotel than the Marriott Casa Magna. Have fun!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 12:02 PM
timo

I've been to both, although PV only via cruise ship. We much preferred Cozumel--the town is pleasant and has some charm, people are friendly, snorkelling unbeatable. On top of that it is safe and you don't have vendors hounding you--ever! We stayed at Fiesta Americana and loved it. Rooms were nice and clean, beach club was very nice and it is a short hop to Palancar beach and Chankanab park which is unspoiled and beautiful. Go to Cozumel!!!!