1st Time to Buenos Aires - help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headed down there from the States on Monday (1/26) Looking for suggestions on what not to miss sightseeing, food (dining), drinks, tango places, shopping wise? I'll only be there for 4 nights and then on to Rio for the 1st time too.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:42 AM

Visit the Puerto Madero area. Have a pleasant relaxed time in a cafe.
A tango show. Some shopping ,visit the Latin American Museum and have lunch at next door Museo Renaud. Ver y nice rest. with a set lunch menu and good shushi too.
..... take the Train de la Costa and visit the Tigre area there are of course tons of other tings to do.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:31 AM

Tim - There is alot of very helpful info if you read postings on this board for the past few years. I, like many other Fodors posters, highly recommend Cintia Stella of www.wowargentina.com - specifically the 4 hour tour of Buenos Aires with her husband Matias - a terrific overview of the city, and you can spend your next few days there going back to the places on the tour that interested you. have fun, Julie
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:23 PM

Hi , Yes, I agree with Jack4, the tour that Cintia and Mateo(Wowargentina.com.ar)offer
is the very best. Take it first and then you will be able to choose much better, 4 nights is barely enough for a huge city as Bs As and to take first such a good, personalized tour will make a lot of a difference.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:02 AM

I too am a big fan of taking the 4 hour tour with Cintia. My partner and I just did the tour with her on 1/2 and it really set the tone for the remaining 4 days that we had in BA. It's a fantastic city, safe and very very cheap!!
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:30 AM

TimH, I see that you are also flying to Buenos Aires on 1/26 (referring to your post "1st Time in Rio - help" that you posted 3 minutes after this one).

I'm confused. On the 26th, you will be in both Buenos Aires and Rio. I'll accept that. On the 30th, after 4 nights in Rio you go to B.A "for the first time". BUT you went to B.A. on the 26th, so when you arrive on the 30th, it won't be the first time since you are already there!

Also, according to your other post, after 5 nights in B.A., you go to Rio "for the first time". But you were in Rio on the 26th-30th, so it's not the first time.

Must be one of those oddities of physics, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle or something in quantum mechanics, or is it special relativity?
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 03:35 AM

See how confused? I meant to say that I see that you are also heading to <b>Rio</b> on 1/26.