Zurich--Spas & Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for restaurants/bars and/or spas that come highly recommended in Zurich. I certainly realize that this is quite a general request but I figured any seasoned Swiss traveler could provide some helkpful advice. Any/all price ranges for bars and restaurants will be gladly accepted...thanks in advance!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM

http://www.zeughauskeller.ch/
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:41 PM

http://www.kronenhalle.com/, forgot this one, a true classic.
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM

DH and I always take time to go to the Santa Lucia restaurant in the old town area for a really great pizza and bottle of chianti.
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM

I used to live in Zurich, and I had trouble finding a good spa, at least the kind I am used to here in Asia and elsewhere, with a number of treatment rooms, and which offers body and face treatments. While you can find them at many hotels in other part of Switzerland (esp. the Lake Geneva area and some mountain areas), they seem to be thin on the ground in town itself, and there seem to be very few stand-alone ones (at east none I could find). My first suggestion would be the Park Hyatt which may have a small one as I recall. You might also try the Dolder, newly redone and I believe that they have added a spa. (http://www.doldergrand.ch ). This is a little bit out of town (above town actually), but a pleasant journey. To the best of my knowledge, none of the other hotels (like the Baur au Lac) have spas.

Globus Department store has a spa at their main store on the Banhofstrasse, I don’t know much about it, but see globus.ch for information, it is only in German and French, but if you call or e-mail you will absolutely find an English-speaker.

My health club has a spa, but you have to be a member, but see if your hotel can get you in. See http://www.holmesplace.ch/e/clubs/

The town of Zurich does have a hamman, and you can get massages there are well. It is located in the old town on the right bank, and is part of a public fitness centre. This is not a luxurious place by any means, but perfectly fine (and of course clean, it is Switzerland). I don’t know if non-residents can book hamman time and massages, but ask at your hotel.

For restaurants, I have posted a list of restaurants on an older post, I still think it is valid, see a post from 2007 called “2 Days in Zurich” that will give you a link to it (I can’t seem to post the link myself, perhaps others can help.). All of the above are listed on it. (Note that the Zimmerleuten guild hall had a fire last year and I believe it is still closed, along with the Kuferstbuli below it. Check with your hotel.)

Old Aug 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM

Bierhalle Kropf is definitely worth a stop.