ZURICH?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:13 AM
richardab

ZURICH?

What's it like?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Sven

Clean, well organized, expensive, pretty, historic. The overall tone used to be pretty staid, now there's a popular club area - not quite like Amsterdam's red light district, but a change from the sterotypical buttoned down tightass mood that used to prevail. Expect to pay a lot for lodging.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:34 AM
xxx

How many days is good for Zurich?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:45 AM
sjk

To see the main areas of interest in they city you would probably be able to cover it in a day or so. I think there are a couple of museums of interest, but I didn't go see them. Neat day trips around Zurich, to little villages such as Raperswil. Also wished I had been there in the summer to go on a lake cruise. But as said earlier, a day should be enough to cover the must-sees.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Joanne

I've visited your web site and know you love photography. I think you will find Zurich wonderful from that standpoint. If you are a Marc Chagall fan (or even if you're not) be sure to visit the Fraumunster Church, where he did some spectacular windows. We also enjoyed walking around Lake Zurich.<BR><BR>j

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:57 AM
richardab

Joanne,<BR><BR>I just got a digital camera so now I am a pic taking maniac. I take pics of everything! Does anyone want to see a pic of Swiss bugs French trash cans or German man hole covers?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:39 PM
jw

richardab, you are so funny, but true! I love to take pictures of those things too! corners, nooks, crannies. I can never seem to remember where each gem was actually located when I get home. No matter.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:30 PM
richardab

Ever since I got the digital camera I feel that I can take pics of anything I want. I am sure that I look like some kinda tourist nut when I shoot a pic of my plate of food in a restaurant or apple at a fruit stand. I am going tp Paris in a few days and think maybe I should start a photo essay.... What should the theme be? The bugs of Europe? Umbrella of the western world? Baguettes of Paris? Hmmm<BR><BR>Ooooops this was a Zurich question that I originally asked, so what about Zurich??? Do they have bugs and baguettes there?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:22 PM
jw

benches, richard, benches. At least I think so. Are they still there, Ursula?

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:26 PM
richardab

Benches! wow! How very exciting! Everyone love to find a good bench in paris!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:26 AM
jw

no, richard, they are like the painted cows, decorated. But you might have missed them already. On the other hand, they are art rather than 'found objects', so not what you are really looking for.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Joanne

I had forgotten about the painted cows and I do have a picture of one. <BR><BR>I have a picture of a manhole cover I took in Rhodes. Also have pix of seagulls from Nassau; Arbroath, Scotland; a number of places here in California; also Pelicans (which I love) on the wharf in Santa Cruz, CA and several spots in Mexico.<BR><BR>I'm not a fan of Aunt Sophie in front of the Eiffel Tower, etc.<BR><BR>I also have a shot of a tiger cat sitting arrogantly near a restaurant in the Plaka in Athens that I love.<BR><BR>Love my pictures and put them in albums soon after I return home when things are still fresh in my mind. <BR><BR>Again, I know you'll find Zurich very "photogenic."<BR><BR>j