We will be arriving in Zagreb (via train) on Saturday, July 21. I found out the Folk Festival in Zagreb will be going on during that time. We are happy about this but were wondering a few things:
1. Since its a festival, will the hotels be hard to book? So should we book asap?
2. The folk festival ends on that Sunday, 7/22. Will most shops, cafes, museums and restaurants be closed on Sunday? I know in other European cities, sunday and sometimes Mondays places are closed.
3. We will be traveling to Varazdin (north of Zagreb) on that Monday. Same here - will places be closed?
Has anyone been in Zagreb during the Folk Festival? If so, I was curious as to their experience.
Can anyone recommend a good restaurant or two? This may seem like a bit of an odd request but we are looking for a restaurant that has lamp on a spit or something close to it.
Thank you for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 paris to london- day trip
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona