Reload this Page >

Your recomendations For Alsace

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Buzzy

I'm looking for ideas for next July/August in the Alsace region of France. <BR><BR>I would like to stay in a gite or house self catering.<BR>I am interested in wine, festivals, markets, Son et Lumiere's.<BR>I would like to stay within 10km of a lake with a man made beach (plan d'eau with swimming).<BR><BR>Have I chosen the right region to get all of these ingedients? Would another region be better?<BR><BR>I am aiming for somewhere that is not more than 6 hours drive from Calais.<BR><BR>Thank you <BR><BR>Buzzy

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Buzzy

Topping

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Peggi

I think the best lakes are in the Vosges Mountains which is adjacent to Alsace so that ought to work. Alsace is idyllic; I think it's hard to go wrong.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Buzzy

Topping

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:11 AM
francesca

We spent a week in Alsace based in two different chambres d'hotes (B&B) and had a great time. One of the chambres d'hote also provided meals, which is very useful if you are traveling with children (which we were). Between the outstanding wine and food in this area, the lovely towns (including Strasbourg) and beautiful natural scenery provided by the Vosges I don't see how you could go far wrong. Good luck.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Buzzy

Thanks for your replies so far. It's looking promising. Anyone else got anything to add?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 02:01 PM
xxxxxxxxxxx

ttt