www.sleepinitaly.com

Search

www.sleepinitaly.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.sleepinitaly.com

Has anyone ever used sleepinitaly.com to book apartments in Italy. We are leaving in 2 weeks for our vacation in Italy, and have booked two different apartments, one in Venice and one in Rome. I'm feeling a little nervous about it, so I'm wondering if any of you have used their service and how you would rate your experience?

Thanks, Kari
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM
dln

Kari, we rented our apartment in Rome through sleepinitaly and it was a very good experience. They answered all my questions very promptly and concisely. The landlord met us at the apartment just as he said, showed us how everything worked, and gave us lots of sightseeing tips into the bargain! I have no trouble recommending this company to anyone. It's a well-run, responsive business from our experience with them.

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I rented an apartment from sleepinitaly.com in Rome in February. Everything went pretty smoothly.

I had told sleepinitaly that I needed a telephone in the apartment, and the landlord did not have that information, but it wasn't a problem, he took the phone out of the closet and plugged it in for me. I don't know whether the agency forgot to tell the landlord or the landlord forgot they had mentioned it. I tend to think it was the latter since I had exchanged e-mails with sleepinitaly asking to make sure the phone would be available and they answered after checking with the landlord, or so they said. Months had passed, so I assume the landlord simply forgot.

I had been a little nervous about renting through this agency because of a bad experience somebody posted on this message board a few months ago. All went well for us however, and I would rent through them again.
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 10:31 AM

ksosnow,

I've used them several times all with positive experiences. I leave next Sunday and renting two apartments with them again.

Which apartments in Rome have you booked with them?
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

I've booked Vicolo del Bologna in Rome and an apartment in the San Stin district in Venice.

Thank you all so much for writing back - I feel soooo much better now. I figured the worst that would happen is that we'd just get a hotel room at the last minute, but I'd rather not have to do that.

One other question... did you just call the landlord the day before you arrived to let them know when you were arriving? We won't really know our arrival time until we get our train schedule figured out.

Kari
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
dln

Kari, I sent an e-mail to Guilia Amatto at sleepinitaly, telling her when we'd be arriving, and she relayed the messsage to our landlord. He was waiting for us. More than an hour, in fact, because we got off at the wrong train stop! Luckily for us, he was very good natured and took it all in stride.

Old May 11th, 2004, 07:53 AM

Hi Kari,

Did you end up staying at the apartment on Vicolo de Bologna? I have a choice between it and one on Via Natale del Grande, which is a little farther out. I'd love your feedback...was it pretty? Noisy? In a good location?

Thanks!
Carly
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM

I rented the apartment on Vicolo Del Bologna #25 from Sleep in Italy for 5 days last month. It was great. A week or so before I left, I email sleep in italy and asked that they let the owner know approximately what time we would be arriving. It all worked out great. I had also arranged a car through sleep in italy to pick us up a the airport and take us to the apartment. Our plane didn't get in until 6:00pm, so I didn't want to have to worry about trains and buses after the long trip. That was a great decision. I landed at 6:00, and was at the apartment by 7:30.