Reload this Page >

Would Go Back / Would def not go back

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:43 AM
DC

Would Go <BR> <BR>Syndey <BR>Gothenburg <BR>Edinburgh <BR>London <BR>Chicago <BR>Glasgow <BR>Antigua <BR> <BR>No going back ever: <BR> <BR>Athens (in fact Greece) <BR>Manchester <BR>Dublin <BR>Turkey <BR> <BR>let me know what you think....... <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 03:28 AM
x

What was wrong with Manchester and Dublin?

Old May 24th, 2001, 03:51 AM
vangelis

why you would not go back to Greece? <BR>whats wrong?did you had a bad time? <BR>explain!

Old May 24th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Rex

Would go back <BR> <BR>Europe <BR> <BR>Would not go back (well, not in a hurry) <BR> <BR>Gary, Indiana <BR>Certain threads on this forum <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Don

Would go back to Europe. <BR> <BR>Would never go back to anywhere in Mexico.

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:33 AM
John

To Rex: <BR>What's wrong with Gary? I was born there. <BR>John

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:46 AM
despina

Hey, what's wrong with Greece? My God, the least you could do is narrow it down to a city or 2, and not banish the whole place..

Old May 24th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Jackson

This thread is already doomed! It's going to be a mishmash (as it is already) of either glib broad-brush slams or else defensive "what's wrong with's..." <BR> <BR>If there's any hope of salvaging the question, DC, I suggest you limit it to three places each, with a very brief phrase (10 wrds or less?) explaining why or why not.

Old May 24th, 2001, 09:05 AM
De Anna

Would: <BR> <BR>Andalucia <BR>Maui <BR>Manezales, SA <BR> <BR>Not: <BR>Tangier (Morocco) <BR>Oahu <BR>Madrid <BR> <BR>(To those who love my "Nots": Please don't take offense, it's just my opinion

Old May 24th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Monica

Despina, is that you in Naxos???

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:31 PM
panos

Would Go <BR> <BR>Athens (in fact Greece) <BR>Manchester <BR>Dublin <BR>Turkey <BR> <BR>No going back ever: <BR> <BR>Syndey <BR>Gothenburg <BR>Edinburgh <BR>London <BR>Chicago <BR>Glasgow <BR>Antigua <BR> <BR>Such a silly thread! Bliah!! <BR>I already regret writing in it. <BR> <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Capo

I have yet to visit any place I would not return to.

Old May 24th, 2001, 04:35 PM
StCirq

Would go back to: <BR> <BR>Anyplace except the places I wouldn't go back to, which include: <BR> <BR>Mora, Spain <BR>The flea-ridden hotel we stayed in in Kushadasi, Turkey <BR>The Hotel Esmeralda in Paris <BR>Calais, France <BR>Mazamet, France <BR>Ghafsa, Tunisia <BR>Mount Ambelos, Island of Samos, Greece <BR> <BR>Other than that, I'm game! <BR> <BR>

Old May 24th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Capo

StCirq, since the Hotel Esmeralda has always intrigued me, I have to ask: why would you not stay there again? I've been inside (in the tiny lobby, which I like), but they've always been full so I've been unable to see any of the rooms. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old May 24th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Despina

Monica, <BR> <BR>No, it wasn't me in Naxos, but my brother went there 2 years ago. <BR> <BR>He thought it was OK, but a little sedate/more of a couples place. <BR> <BR Best, Despina

Old May 25th, 2001, 04:53 AM
StCirq

Capo: <BR>Regarding the Hotel Esmeralda, I should begin by saying that I understand it has been renovated, upgraded, improved considerably since my one experience there, but as I posted in the Hotels from Hell thread, I had a dismal experience there one winter night after arriving alone, pregnant, in a snow storm. My train was late because of the weather, and they had given away my room, even though I had prepaid for it. You can read the rest of the details on the other thread. It may be a charming place now - it wasn't then (10 years ago). <BR>

Old May 25th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Art

Would go back to <BR>Anywhere in Germany <BR>Salzburg <BR>Anywhere in the Netherlands <BR>Anywhere in Italy <BR>Hungary specifically Budapest <BR>The Czech Republic <BR>Switzerland <BR>Denmark <BR>Sweden <BR>Belgium <BR>Norway <BR>Greece (except Athens) <BR> <BR>Would probably not go back <BR>Paris <BR>French Riveria <BR>Athens <BR>

Old May 26th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Celeste

I just returned from Greece (Athens, Delphi, Paros, Mykonos, Delos), and would return TONIGHT if I could. Yes, even Athens! I loved the Plaka and the Monasteraki Flea Market and the shops and the shopkeepers and the grilled chicken and the grilled chicken and more grilled chicken! Maybe you just had a bad experience - go back and arrange for a taxi to meet you at the airport and show you the sights. Maybe my daughter and I wouldn't have liked Athens and Delphi as much if we hadn't had a great taxi driver/guide, Vangelis. Go to George's Famous Taxi service on the internet and ask for Vangelis!

Old May 28th, 2001, 03:21 AM
DC

ok - bit harsh, Manchester is actually not bad, great bands. I have travelled a fair bit but Greece was a bad experience, unfriendly, untrustworthy, scenery nothing special, bad food. <BR> <BR>Dublin - very dissapointing, these are just my opinions but it was a little archetypal - man in pub drinks guiness, plays violin, just looking for a bit more. People seemed to have big chips on there shoulders. Now skiing in Courchevel, France thats a place to return again again again

Old May 28th, 2001, 04:38 AM
Joe

Would go back <BR> <BR>Edinburgh(but not anywhere else in Scotland) <BR>Japan <BR>Thailand <BR>Greece <BR>France <BR>Italy <BR>Spain <BR> <BR>Would not go back <BR> <BR>USA(would rather kill myself) <BR>New Zealand <BR>Canada(even worse than the USA, particulary Vancouver - most boring city in the world ?) <BR>London (Europe's greatest slum) <BR>Belfast (never) <BR> <BR>Obviously I have a preference for European cultures and dislike waspish boredom(edinburgh excepted) - Thank you for respecting my opinions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -