Search

WORK VISAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:32 AM
ME

WORK VISAS

Does anyone know anything about work Visas in Europe and how much they cost. Planning on working throughout Europe in August / early September for about 3 weeks. Is a passport enough or do I need to apply for something special?

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Sus

Actually you can't just buy a work permit for europe. Depending on the country and your status (i.e. if you are a student) it is not easy to work over here. I have dual citizzenship due tio my parents both being born in the EU but this is how I work and live here. If you have at least 1 parent otr Grandparent who was born in Ireland you can get a passport that way. Unless you are a student looking for short term work or a "professional" whose skills are in shortage in that country and a company would sponsor you then it's not easy. You can get shorter term work in Bars etc if you should choose to do this. Good luck and enjoy!

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Andre

Me, <BR><BR>"Planning on working throughout Europe in August / early September for about 3 weeks." <BR><BR>You must be kidding!!!<BR><BR>How easy do you think it would be for an EU citizen to do the same (legally) in the US? Well, it's tit for tat with visas/work permits so that gives you an idea of the hurdles you would face.<BR><BR>Andre

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:16 AM
ME

Ok, maybe I was misunderstood. I am not working as in getting paid in Europe. I am going there for work form a US based company. A business trip of sorts. I just wanted to know what other documentation I needed besides my passport.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Ann

Your company's lawyers should be able to answer your questions.<BR><BR>However, my understanding is that you don't need anything else but your passport, as long as you're working for your US company on such a short-term basis.

Old Jul 25th, 2002, 08:54 AM
me

I was sent to England by my company to work for a month (branch office of the main company here in California). I didn't need any documents except my passport.Immigration didn't even ask me too but after 9/11 they may be stricter.