Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Wizz Air doesn't have a timetable for my flight? Should I be worried yet?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to book a flight from Brussels to Ljubljana for May 2007. When I plug in my date (May 2) on Wizz Air's booking engine, I get a response that there are no available flights for that week. I tried using various dates and nothing comes up past the end of March (even though it does allow you to search for those dates). I thought maybe it was just that they haven't put up their Spring/summer schedule yet, but then I plugged in Brussels to somewhere else (Budapest, i think) just to see what happened when I put in another destination, and I can book May 2007 for that route! Why won't it allow me to book for Brussels-Ljubljana? Should I assume perhaps that this route might be ending? Should I start looking into other possibilities? I was relying on Wizz Air as a cheap way to get from Paris to Ljubljana (train to Brussels, then Wizz to Ljubljana). Anyone have any experience with this airline? Any advice?
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:34 AM

Given that there are no flights after 23rd March I would say that it's likely that it's a winter only route for skiing.

I'd start looking at www.skyscanner.net/map.asp?langid=en & www.whichbudget.com to see which other airports (eg Zagreb, Graz) you could fly from
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM

I can't tell you much about Wizzair, but you could look at an option that would have you going back through London on EasyJet (through Stansted, I believe). That might be a possibility if Wizzair no longer offers their Ljubljana flights.
Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:28 PM

Wizzair hasn't finalized their schedule for numerous routes past March. So I don't know if that means that route doesn't happen in May or not.

I think Ryanair has a cheap Frankfurt-Trieste flight.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Okay, now flights on those dates show up but every date I try after March 23rd is marked "sold out" and every date prior to the 23rd is still available. This is really weird...
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM

I think they just haven't made these dates available yet - many places don't until 90 days out.
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:59 PM
rex

There are no timetables for any flights on Southwest Airlines past March 7, 2007 right now. I wouldn't translate that into concern about whether they will fly a given route.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

That's a very good point, Rex. I suppose I should just chill out and not worry about it until I have to, if at all...
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 08:40 PM

I just had the same problem trying to get from Prague to Ljubljana. I thought I had it all planned out then realized that the airline stopped flying after the middle of October (we're leaving the 30th). First try calling Wizz Air, it may be worth an international phone call. Next, a great website is flycheapo.com. You can fly cheap from Paris to Venice or Trieste and either take a train or drive to Ljubljana. If you do drive, the only rental car company I've been able to find that will let you take their car into Slovenia is Avis.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Not sure if anyone will even check this thread again, but I thought I'd post and update. Today I went on Wizz's website and to my great delight the flights for May are open for booking! I got seats on the Brussels-Ljubjlana flight on May 2, 2007 for 0.01Euros plus taxes - so only 43 euros for 2 people. What an awesome deal!
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 11:53 PM

Wait - they will be posted in due course. If you want to know exactly when, call.