Wireless in Paris?

Search

Wireless in Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wireless in Paris?

Paris is wireless citywide, correct? That what I thought I understood.

So, just wondering how that works. For instance, does it work in your hotel room? I was thinking I wouldn't take my laptop. But, today, I was doing some research on various things and I was just thinking I might need to. I do have an Ipod Touch, but navigating some websites is not that easy for me on it. You know what would be really perfect? A netbook. Which I don't have of course. And don't really want to buy right now.
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 07:52 PM

'Wireless city' does not mean literally wireless reception anywhere. Most city parks are wireless. Many, many cafes are, also. Many 2* or 3* hotels are wireless in the lobby area only, although if your room is just one floor up, the signal may well be sufficient. McDonalds, etc. are most always wireless.
My netbook was invaluable to me in Paris, double checking restaurant addresses and museum hours. It is just so convenient.
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM

No, it's not wireless citywide, no place is. Paris isn't "wireless" all over. There are plenty of wireless spots, but you can't just assume you'll have wireless everywhere. There are, however, myriad internet cafés and places where wireless is available free or for a small charge.

You'd have to check with your hotel to find out if you have free or paid access there.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 04:31 AM

Whatever your device, it's essential to know your settings so you're not paying data charges when you believe you're using free WiFi connections. Many free WiFi connections are inconsistent resulting in getting disconnected when you're in the middle of something.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.