Search

winerys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2003, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
winerys

Have been reading messages and am a bit confused ? If one wants to go to winerys - does one need a reservation, and if so how does one find them ? Is there a general web site ? Thank you
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 04:48 PM

You mean wineries?

Which winery(ies) are you interested in?
I would think you'd book a visit with the individual winery itself.

That is, unless you are on a package tour, in which case the organizer should book all visits for you.

Have a great time!
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 05:38 PM

Which wineries? Which countries? Which regions? Is there a general website for wineries the world over? I doubt it. Are there specific websites for specific wineries - definitely!

Some require reservations. Some aren't open to the general public. Some don't care who stops by. Some will let you in if you've had the forethought to book with a local touring company.

If you let us know where you'd like to visit wineries, you might get some more specific information.

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Sorry about spelling. We were planning to go to Tuscany in the Spring. Any suggestions ? Thanks ...
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:01 PM
jmv

Check out a couple of books--Touring in Wine Country--Tuscany by Maureen Ashley, and A Traveller's wine Guide to Italy. Also go to the Wine Spectator website and look up their old travel articles on Tuscany and Tuscan wineries. Latter has really good info. Our plan is to send e-mails asking for reservations for wine tours as we did in Bordeaux. Worked out great.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:04 PM

I found a helpful person (sorry don't know name) on another thread on this board who recommended www.monterinaldi.it. I went there and they are sending a good map (free) of the Chianti region with wineries. They also had a space for specific questions and they responded to me immediately, so maybe that might be worth a try. Good luck. One of the best things about this site is all the other good site suggestions people give that I would never have known about. Good Luck. HelenR