Wine Tour Guide in Alsace

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a local tour guide in Alsace who has excellent knowledge of Alsatian wine and wineries?
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 06:23 AM

Our hotel hooked us up with a small company based in Colmar that does small van tours of the wine roads, they have maybe 3-4 different circuits that you can choose from, either half day or full day, 47/93E. I'm not sure how many the van held, maybe 6ish, but we were the only ones that day and pretty much had a private tour. We did the most popular tour, Riquewihr, Haut-Koenigsbourg and Ribeauville. JeanClaude takes you to these towns, telling you all about the history and such on the way there and then you are on your own to explore, which I liked instead of being led around. He also took us wine tasting and helped explain it in english for us.
Les Circuits D'Alsace
L.C.A. Top Tour
www.alsace-travel.com
email: [email protected]

I also notice your other thread on hotels, DO NOT consider Hotel Dragon unless you like dingy and smokey. We really liked hotel rohan a lot better.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you susanna, very helpful info!
Old Aug 5th, 2015, 11:34 PM

I tried sending an email request to [email protected] but it bounced back twice. Guess they are no longer in business. But Jean Claude in Susanne's reply sounds ideal. Any other offers? If all else fails, I will ask the hotel in Strasbourg to recommend/book me a tour of Alsace wine country for 2 days.
Old Aug 6th, 2015, 12:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
did you try the info@... email as well?
Old Dec 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM

Thanks to all the respondents, we had a terrific vacation in the Alsace wine region. We actually stayed in Strassbourg which is a feast of history in its own right. It is the EU headquarters as well as the location of some of the most historic and impressive Gothic architecture like several Cathedrals, Petite France and quaint restaurants serving deeeelicious cuisine. This is a cross between French and German and reflects the past centuries of history where the region changed hands between the two countries several times. So people speak BOTH French and German(because you did not know who would be in power next!). Then we did tours of the Wine region which was priceless. Not only did we visit several renowned Wineries with delectable Gewuertzraminer wine but also explored quaint villages and perhaps the best cuisine in Europe( by the way I have a German bias).
We only spent 2 weeks on this tour and wish we could have spent 4!!
Old Dec 22nd, 2016, 02:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good to know, sounds like fun