Wimbledon left luggage?

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wimbledon left luggage?

Travelling to Wimbledon from Norfolk and staying overnight in central London. Any ideas on where we can leave luggage? I'd rather not leave it at Liverpool Steet Station and then have to trek back there before checking into hotel. I was thinking are there any arrangements at Wimbledon itself?
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 01:15 AM

I don't quite understand your question: if you're checking into a hotel, you can leave the luggage there; in my experience, even cheap hotels will look after luggage before or after you stay there. The only railway stations in the London area with left luggage are the big termini such as Waterloo or Liverpool Street where there is a charge of about £5 per item per day. I don't know about the tennis at Wimbledon; there must be cloakrooms, but I'm sure it would be easier to leave it at your hotel or at the most convenient main station (Waterloo has frequent trains to Wimbledon, and Victoria is on the same tube line).
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 02:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll assume you're attending the tennis tournament.

There are left luggage facilities outside the grounds. If you're walking from the station with luggage, be aware it's a bit of a schlep. Alternatively there are taxi's but depending on your arrival time there may be a queue.

I love attending Wimbledon but, quite frankly, any time not spent in your seat enjoying the games is spent waiting in one line or another. Why add luggage deposit/retrival?

Have you considered dropping your luggage at the hotel on the way to Wimbledon?
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 09:06 AM

As the others have said, your best bet is to drop by your hotel and drop the bags before heading on to Wimbledon. There are cloak rooms/left luggage facilities at Wimbledon - but they aren't really meant for major baggage and you will have to walk a long ways to get to them.

OR - since you are probably traveling via Victoria or Waterloo -- you can leave the bags with left luggage at either station.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, didn't make myself very clear. Having travelled 3 hours into London from we didn't really want to navigate way into central London to drop bags and then back out to Wimbledon. Want to spend valuable time watching the tennis! We'll only have a rucksack or small bag each so were looking for luggage lockers at the grounds etc if possible.
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 06:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should have no issues doing this with small bags. We attended two years ago and there were places within the tennis center to stash luggage. According to the website the "left luggage" spots are off grounds now due to security.

Wishing you a rain free tournament!